Food Plots Dry spell

tnbucs1

Planted some plots over this past weekend and despite our unusually wet summer I see no rain in the forecast for the near future. Hope this changes.

spoon

I'm little worried about a short drought as I got 4 customers plots to plot and my own to get planted. Why did I start working a real job again :crazy:

Hunt 365

Good extended soak this way today!! Hope it clears up tonight to knock down some doves, but we needed it bad! My plots were starting to get burnt, but this should save them!

Swampster

Think I'll chance it with a portion of my area. Still a lot of ground moisture and maybe I can get lucky with a shower along the way. I'll finish prep work all over.

TheLBLman

Hope I didn't make a mistake in planting what I planted between August 29 and Sept 2. It should all be coming up now and over next few days (got rained on Sept 2), but no rain in forecast now for nearly two weeks.

I keep remembering something Dr. Woods said, something to the effect, more seed is wasted on Labor Day than any other day (planting too early).

Hunter 257W

I planted 7 small plots on August 31 and got rain that night and the morning of Sept 1 but since then nothing. They just sprouted and came up about 1 inch tall. It looked healthy Saturday (Sept 7th) but if we don't get rain in the next week I don't know. What irritates me is that I wasn't able to plant a single thing for Spring/Summer plots because of rain and standing water and now it's going to do a reverse on me. Blasted weather.

Latest posts