• Help Support TNDeer:

Gotta do it

Rollo

if you are having problems with the alberto knot try finishing it off through the loop with basically a surgeons knot. its how fred roubanis ties it.

Will do. Thanks!

TNReb

Supporter
Sorry to hijack but what knot do you guys like for tying the small test fluoro to braid? Especially the Gliss. I tried every knot I could find to get that stuff to hold. Running leader knots through rod eyes would destroy everything I tied. FG, double Uni and Alberto are the ones I've been using. My Alberto's have been the most durable but the FG the smallest (but don't hold up through rod eyes).

I tried 6lb fluoro on my 1000 size spinning reel and after a few months it was like casting a slinky across the water. Is there a secret to keeping the memory out? (unless you are fishing it 3-4 times a week, every week....)

I use the FG knot for all of my braid to fluoro. Never had a problem with my rod eyes messing it up. Strange that yours does.

Sako

ok... i am going to jump in and give it a try... are all of you fishing this flouro as just leaders or are some of you spooling the whole reel with it? What about the memory?

Spurhunter

ok... i am going to jump in and give it a try... are all of you fishing this flouro as just leaders or are some of you spooling the whole reel with it? What about the memory?
I have always spooled the reel with it, but got tired of dealing with memory and the problems it causes on spinning reels. I tried the braid to flourocarbon leader and was sold. Braid is just hard to beat for castability and strength, and it lasts forever.

Sako

I have always spooled the reel with it, but got tired of dealing with memory and the problems it causes on spinning reels. I tried the braid to flourocarbon leader and was sold. Braid is just hard to beat for castability and strength, and it lasts forever.
I use primarily spinning reels. I will have to give this a try...

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.