Gotta do it

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Not my favorite part of fishing but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
B9DADC21-CBC1-4832-B451-A61C37416E55.jpeg
7B266758-4AF7-495C-B7BB-99873BCAA195.jpeg

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I changed to flurocarbon line on my bream rigs back when I first started trying to catch put & take trout out of a local "lake".
That was from a tip on here and they were right, I started catching the crap out of them.
Left it on and I actually catch more bream than I did before.
Ultimately I have changed to it on all my bass rigs as well now.
It is all I use.
I like it.

WTM

lol, screw that line changing. i run gliss, 632 and nanobraid on my reels now with a flouro or copolymer leader. i still have to do it on my baitcasters though.

Crow Terminator

Hands down, you guys tip on Seaguar red label changed my fishing game more so than anything else I have done. ESPECIALLY trout. Several times this year I got cussed by people that saw me catching fish...then would come in on my spot, and I still be catching fish while they weren't. Then I'd move to the spot they had just left and start catching fish there. I mostly always C&R trout so there are some days I would catch 30+ rainbows and a handful of brooks. My whole YouTube fishing channel got started because of people doubting my stories of catching so many, so I started taking the camera and videoing. I can go back to regular mono line, and or fish with friends that have spooled up with mono, and use the same thing and setup as them, and outfish them 10 to 1. Have done it multiple times. Before it's over with, I have them using my spare rod/reel instead of their own. My nephew won't fish with any other rod/reel combo because he is convinced it's the magic rod....in reality it's the line on the reel. I wish they made those bulk spools in 4 lb test.

lothar

I use seaguar fluro, but only as a leader. A few years ago I respooled with fluro. After a couple months, it was so brittle that my bait would break off when I casted. Now I use braid with a 3-4 foot leader. No problems since.

Crow Terminator

Spurhunter -- I have, and also tried the AbrazX kind too. I didn't like the InvizX too much. I thought it was not as strong as the Red label of the same # test, or at least the one spool of it I bought wasn't. It seemed to fray/nick VERY easy when trout and bluegill fishing. I unspooled it and went back to Red Label and didn't have any more issues. The AbrazX is very stiff. I think it was only meant to be used as a leader. I am probably wrong about that but I for sure didn't like it spooled directly onto the reel.

Rollo

Sorry to hijack but what knot do you guys like for tying the small test fluoro to braid? Especially the Gliss. I tried every knot I could find to get that stuff to hold. Running leader knots through rod eyes would destroy everything I tied. FG, double Uni and Alberto are the ones I've been using. My Alberto's have been the most durable but the FG the smallest (but don't hold up through rod eyes).

I tried 6lb fluoro on my 1000 size spinning reel and after a few months it was like casting a slinky across the water. Is there a secret to keeping the memory out? (unless you are fishing it 3-4 times a week, every week....)

Last edited:

WTM

Sorry to hijack but what knot do you guys like for tying the small test fluoro to braid? Especially the Gliss. I tried every knot I could find to get that stuff to hold. Running leader knots through rod eyes would destroy everything I tied. FG, double Uni and Alberto are the ones I've been using. My Alberto's have been the most durable but the FG the smallest (but don't hold up through rod eyes).

I tried 6lb fluoro on my 1000 size spinning reel and after a few months it was like casting a slinky across the water. Is there a secret to keeping the memory out? (unless you are fishing it 3-4 times a week, every week....)
i have zero problems with an alberto knot with 6 lb gliss to flouro or copoly running through the guides. never had a knot break or slip.

WTM

if you are having problems with the alberto knot try finishing it off through the loop with basically a surgeons knot. its how fred roubanis ties it.

Latest posts