FT. CAMPBELL 2014

Big JWC 50

I left monday at lunch time. I killed my antlerless deer saturday evening out of area 48. When I talked to JPD sunday night I think there had been 108 does checked out at that time, can't remember for sure the number. It was a pretty rough hunt, had to work for that doe. Most guys I was with didn't even see a deer. I know the wardens were busy writing tickets I got to see 2 guys get tickets the times I was at the store. Well good luck everybody keep hammering. See yall November

cfagan15

What were the tickets for? This is my first year hunting and I will admit I found myself walking around the woods always thinking I'm breaking a rule. I have read the hunting regulations several times and find that I learn something new every time I read the regulations. What are the honest mistakes that people make the most often?

SMB44

Well it took 32 calls to get through... I am amazed that at 0830 the only area I could get for thursday was 33...

JDP

cfagan15 said:
What were the tickets for? This is my first year hunting and I will admit I found myself walking around the woods always thinking I'm breaking a rule. I have read the hunting regulations several times and find that I learn something new every time I read the regulations. What are the honest mistakes that people make the most often?

Here are a few:

Not putting area assignments on dash before leaving truck,parking in wrong area, firearms not in a case or not unloaded, not putting temp tag on the deer to transport to check station, not field dressing the deer, not having proper state tag for weapon used, going in area before the 90 mins prior to sunrise, driving on closed roads or firebreaks, not having bow in a case, not carrying hunter ed,state hunting license,area assignments, and weapon registration while you hunt.

JDP

SKFOOTER said:
You can actually be written a ticket for not field dressing your deer??

Yes, and it could be a 30 day suspension. Also if you just get a warning from the GW, doesnt mean you wont be suspended too. It means you wont get a monetary fine but you can still get a suspension.

JDP

The data we need for the biologist is field dressed weight and it holds up the process when you have to take it back to the area where you killed it to field dress it. It holds up the line at the kill shed and there isn't any where to field dress it near the kill shed.

lightfoot

2-Step Enabled
Roost 1 said:
It had antlers and the way I understood it, it had a good set of antlers...
At least that's what ol GW said.......
I was there when the guy brought it in,if it's the same one, it was a three pointer, GW asked him how far of a shot, he said about 75yrds, he told him to drive around to check in line, don't know what happened after that.

Latest posts