FT. CAMPBELL 2014

JDP

It's hard not to when they set up on fire break and there's no vehicle parked on the road. Sorry if messed anyone up in 33 this morning. I heard you shoot and saw the smoke. I was late getting in this morning. I'm just waiting to leave now.

Roost 1

JDP said:
It's hard not to when they set up on fire break and there's no vehicle parked on the road. Sorry if messed anyone up in 33 this morning. I heard you shoot and saw the smoke. I was late getting in this morning. I'm just waiting to leave now.
With no vehicle around its understandable, but Sat we had 2 trucks parked on each side of a bean field and guys pull right in between and come right in on us.....I would not ever do this and I always just look for another spot....but I know its public hunting however people should still be courteous towards others.

hunterncoach

Well I missed my opportunity to kill a doe this morning. Nature called and I was taking care of business two does came in on me. Should of seen the sight as I was trying to get a shot. Pretty crappy. Yes, pun intended

FakeTree

Roost 1 said:
JDP said:
With no vehicle around its understandable, but Sat we had 2 trucks parked on each side of a bean field and guys pull right in between and come right in on us.....I would not ever do this and I always just look for another spot....but I know its public hunting however people should still be courteous towards others.

Roost, I get it. Even though it is public land applying the common sense rule would be nice. Some people have no clue what is going on in the world around them (just drive through Clarksville at 3:30) and think they are entitled to everything. The same people that will walk right towards you knowing you are there, or park right between two trucks just to try to squeeze in are the same people that whine and complain about how long it takes to call in, or how long they had to wait to pick up their assignment, or how hunting the Fort is such a hassle yet they show up and ruin it for others.

holstonangler

SKFOOTER said:
JDP said:
81 deer checked in and maybe 4 bucks. Nothing big at all but they all killed a doe first except for 1 guy. 19 and 23 had several does taken out of there today. I didn't leave the kill shed until 10:00.
So I'm assuming that 1 guy lost his hunting priviledges on the Fort???

It was probably the guy with an antlerless buck

Latest posts