Ft Campbell question

ERIC

I live in East Tennessee and I've always wanted to hunt at Ft Campbell. My son is an Army pilot who will be posted there in March 2023, so I am going to take advantage of being able to stay with him and hunt there. I've been working on getting all the paper work done that I can right now (background check, firearm registration, briefings, etc), but I know nothing of how hunting works there. Can you scout on it? Can you request a particular zone to hunt? Is hunting weekdays better than weekends? How much competition for permits is there, and is there a good chance that I would not get a permit on any given day?
Any info on it would be greatly appreciated.

Dennis

When I last hunted it, this is how it worked.

You could see a plan at the start of the week telling which areas would be open on which days.

In order to hunt an area on a certain day, you had to reserve it by checking into it online. The checkin process would open at 10pm the night before the day of the hunt. The spots would fill up in seconds. Was like trying to get good seats for a concert when they first go on sale at Ticketmaster. If you stick to archery only , it's easier to get a spot.

The area is great though and has a lot of good deer.