FT. CAMPBELL 2014

holstonangler

Roost 1 said:
holstonangler said:
So how many hunters were there on Saturday?

How was 00a????

Ended up bumping myself out of that area trying to check into a different area (50). It had very little sign and very few deer. Acorns were raining in that area, so it should be a better place to be in a week or two.

SKFOOTER

JDP said:
81 deer checked in and maybe 4 bucks. Nothing big at all but they all killed a doe first except for 1 guy. 19 and 23 had several does taken out of there today. I didn't leave the kill shed until 10:00.
So I'm assuming that 1 guy lost his hunting priviledges on the Fort???

turk870

holstonangler said:
So how many hunters were there on Saturday?
a bunch at lunch they were lined up out the door getting area assignments.
congrats to thouse who connected.
missed a doe,she busted me while still in the thick so i tried to shoot her in the neck,no luck.

Mr.Bro

Roost 1 said:
Mr.Bro said:
Roost 1 said:
Guess I can buck hunt now...

Me too!

Congrats on your doe... I hear you didn't waste any time.

6:35AM Checked in a little after 8. I had the second deer checked in.
I knew it was a good one when I could pick it up with one hand.

Dressed 31 lbs.

FLAME AWAY!

First doe I've taken in 10 years.

@fulldraw

This weekend sucked. I do believe I saw more hunters from the stand than deer. I even got to see an Elmer shoot a fawn in a bean field.

CamoGator

I have only hunted the fort one time, 2 years ago. Things have changed since then based on what I've read.

I live about an hour away and due to my limited time to hunt from work this season I want to know if anyone will shed some light for me. Would it be worth the hour drive, 50 dollar permit fee and the "earn your buck" deal going on. Not that I care because I enjoy the meat anyways.

JDP

CamoGator said:
I have only hunted the fort one time, 2 years ago. Things have changed since then based on what I've read.

I live about an hour away and due to my limited time to hunt from work this season I want to know if anyone will shed some light for me. Would it be worth the hour drive, 50 dollar permit fee and the "earn your buck" deal going on. Not that I care because I enjoy the meat anyways.

It's hard to get in that's for sure! But it's the best chance at a good buck for the price ..in my opinion but I work there and live close. And I don't hunt anywhere else. I get to hunt once a week if I'm lucky to get an area and I get a 0900 call in.

Mr.Bro

@fulldraw said:
This weekend sucked. I do believe I saw more hunters from the stand than deer. I even got to see an Elmer shoot a fawn in a bean field.

Aint no way you could have seen me shoot that fawn.I was 15 miles away. :grin:

Mr.Bro

Friday evening. Took me longer to go from Ross View, exit 8 , on 24 to check in station than it took to drive from Hendersonville to Ross View exit.
Clarksville traffic sucks!

@fulldraw

Mr.Bro said:
Friday evening. Took me longer to go from Ross View, exit 8 , on 24 to check in station than it took to drive from Hendersonville to Ross View exit.
Clarksville traffic sucks!

If you'd listen to me and stay away from exit 8 you wouldn't have to deal with the traffic. You'd have more time to scout for fawns. :whistle:

FakeTree

Just curious what the magical mathematic formula is to determine how many hunters they allow in. I am assuming it is so many hunters per so many acres. Does anyone know?

LIL JOKER

So many per acre but I can't remember the exact number ...u don't want somebody around every corner people would walk all over u...

Latest posts