FT. CAMPBELL 2014

Elmer

I'm tired of being talked about by everyone on Campbell. It's Elmer this, Elmer did that, Elmer ruined my hunt, Elmer is taking a dump in front of my stand, Elmer is wearing pink. Ect.

In all seriousness I hope everyone had a safe 2013 and is looking foreward to another great year at the camp. Lets get it started!!!

LIL JOKER

We all got a little elmer in us..some got all elmer in them

Elmers
Thicket humpers

Thanks u u guys a lot of deer get killed we love u and depend on u everyday..
Keep buying your 8000.00 4 wheelers and dragging out fawns..

medwc

Wow, 2014 thread already. Yes, I will get burned out with this thread (a couple of times) before the season actually starts.

hunterncoach

Heavy Mass said:
Tn Joe said:
2013 trophy room is posted
Some nice ones but mostly small young bucks not the typical fort Campbell bucks from the past
you are right!!!! but I do know for a fact that there were a couple 160"+ bucks taken that are not on the trophy room. I'm not sure if it was because too many areas were open too much this year or if the "trickle rut" had an impact on alot of big deer being taken.

hunterncoach

LIL JOKER said:
hunterncoach said:
i just bought a savage 220 for hunting at fort campbell!!! I love it
I bought one last season..what shells are u firing
still trying to settle on a shell but prob end up going with the Remington shell. It's high hut I don't plan on going through a lot of rounds each season. You have any suggestions?

Tn Joe

[/quote]still trying to settle on a shell but prob end up going with the Remington shell. It's high hut I don't plan on going through a lot of rounds each season. You have any suggestions? [/quote]

Remington accutips shoot great out of my 220. I shoot the 3" shells.

medwc

Heavy Mass said:
Tn Joe said:
2013 trophy room is posted
Some nice ones but mostly small young bucks not the typical fort Campbell bucks from the past
Hopefully that will mean more 150+ bucks running around next year!!!

I did get to take a good buck this year but it was a very tough year for me. I didn't see a lot of deer like I normally do. I took one doe and missed one. I didn't pass on a lot of does either.

hunterncoach

Is there any meeting for suggestions for hunting regs? I think it would be beneficial to give every hunter an updated map with off limit roads and a list of the 10 most commonly broken rules. It seems that about half the guys I see breaking rules are truly ignorant. So I'm thinking that may help reduce a third to half of the infractions.... Is also like to see about 1/3 of the areas protected every other yr for deer 9 pts or better. I know trophy hunting isn't their main objective, but that is why so many guys go there...

@fulldraw

How many on here tagged a deer at the fort this year? I'm curious to put some faces with screennames in the trophy room. I killed a buck but wasn't asked to take the famous scale pic. :(

Super8

@fulldraw said:
How many on here tagged a deer at the fort this year? I'm curious to put some faces with screennames in the trophy room. I killed a buck but wasn't asked to take the famous scale pic. :(

Rule #433
Anyone uglier then JDP shall not be asked for a photo or allowed to participate in any outdoor activities on film or in any recordings for the sole purchase of keeping such activities of such people uglier then JDP from becoming public knowledge.

Latest posts