FT. CAMPBELL 2014

m411b

Haven't read the entire thread, and haven't seen it. But was told that I have to kill a doe before I'm allowed to kill a buck this year on Campbell.

Any truth to it? If so, good for Campbell! It's about time they woke up.....

Rakkin6

Saw 3 spotted fawns yesterday, going out for an afternoon hunt today. But I have to say I had the worst experience ever in 13 years yesterday hunting here on Fort Campbell. The majority of the hunters I run into are decent people and I've other hunters a wide berth. But yesterday i was sitting on the edge of a field and saw two hunters walking on the other side of the field at about 2 in the afternoon. I waved my orange hat so they knew I was in the tree and they acknowledged me. They stopped talked for a minute and and then went on into the woodline. Now I assumed they would push out a good distance. Well I had three fawns enter the fired in front of me then I heard a shot probably about 20 yards in the woodline where they came from. I know that it is public land but to do something like that in my opinion is dirty and dangerous also. I assumed that the other hunters initially had know idea I was in the area and maybe they had been still hunting. But then I get back to my truck that was parked on a gravel parking area and they had parked each of their cars one on each side of my truck so they knew someone was in the area, they saw me and still this happened. And I know legally i could have killed one of the fawns but killing spotted fawns on post is highly discouraged and I like to keep my good name intact in case I need it one day. Sorry for getting on my soapbox but it just bothers me when hunters do other hunters wrong. Oh yeah then when they pulled their quad around to get the deer and get back to the car they asked me if I saw anything good. LOL
Again sorry for the rant on here but I hope everyone is doing well.

SMB44

Rakkin6 said:
Saw 3 spotted fawns yesterday, going out for an afternoon hunt today. But I have to say I had the worst experience ever in 13 years yesterday hunting here on Fort Campbell. The majority of the hunters I run into are decent people and I've other hunters a wide berth. But yesterday i was sitting on the edge of a field and saw two hunters walking on the other side of the field at about 2 in the afternoon. I waved my orange hat so they knew I was in the tree and they acknowledged me. They stopped talked for a minute and and then went on into the woodline. Now I assumed they would push out a good distance. Well I had three fawns enter the fired in front of me then I heard a shot probably about 20 yards in the woodline where they came from. I know that it is public land but to do something like that in my opinion is dirty and dangerous also. I assumed that the other hunters initially had know idea I was in the area and maybe they had been still hunting. But then I get back to my truck that was parked on a gravel parking area and they had parked each of their cars one on each side of my truck so they knew someone was in the area, they saw me and still this happened. And I know legally i could have killed one of the fawns but killing spotted fawns on post is highly discouraged and I like to keep my good name intact in case I need it one day. Sorry for getting on my soapbox but it just bothers me when hunters do other hunters wrong. Oh yeah then when they pulled their quad around to get the deer and get back to the car they asked me if I saw anything good. LOL

What area are you in? I had something like that happen two days in a row I'm area 33.

@fulldraw

Rakkin6 said:

That's why I don't care to hunt around fields or in gun areas. Same thing happened to me last Saturday. A buddy asked me if I wanted to hunt with him so I did. Both our trucks were parked at this field. Two more guys pull their truck up between ours and went to their spots. I saw one guy so I knew about where he was going. He had to see me climbing up my tree but continued on. Closer to dark I'm watching a fawn and someone had walked in across the field, snuck up, and shot the fawn. It's amazing how some people just don't care who else is around. In all, there were five hunters around this field. Pissed me off.

LIL JOKER

160 Deer Stalker said:
Sitting in a tree in 27 right now. I hope our doe comes. There have been guys in here logging all day. Is that allowed in an open hunting area?
I don't think so either they forgot to close it or the loggers were suppose to take a day off..

hunterncoach

Hunted 30 yesterday. Scoped myself on a doe. Knocked her down couldn't find her. Walking back to the truck I was presented with 38.5 lbs of "earn a buck" stew!!! Not real happy but I can hunt bucks now!

LIL JOKER

hunterncoach said:
Hunted 30 yesterday. Scoped myself on a doe. Knocked her down couldn't find her. Walking back to the truck I was presented with 38.5 lbs of "earn a buck" stew!!! Not real happy but I can hunt bucks now!
where was u at I see buzzards flying now ..I might go get her for u lmao

Latest posts