FT CAMPBELL 2013

lightfoot

2-Step Enabled
@fulldraw said:
Well I killed a 10 pt this morning in 17. I usually bow hunt but there are a few areas that I'll take the ml. First of all I must thank postal rage. He pointed out a spot on a map last night that looked interesting. Trucks were parked at my first two spots so I decided to try it. I wasn't quite in the exact spot but I was in the right location.

At around 6:15 I heard someone shoot 4 times to the south of me. I watched that direction just in case deer would come running from there. Around 6:30 I heard running, then grunting. I saw the doe and then the buck came off the ridge chasing after her.

He's my biggest from the fort. Open sight ml at 50 yds. 140" 10 pt.

BTW, it's also my birthday today!

82858429-B501-4EA2-8112-BC2A11458092-26600-00000529A5B8EEAD_zpsd2ad05dd.jpg

C4FAE2D7-2381-41EC-8212-675177894FC6-26600-00000529BF7BB377_zpsefda951f.jpg

0E67EA52-1C51-46EC-BE39-011FCC7CBE84-26600-00000529CF6FC605_zps664c7c54.jpg
Fulldraw awesome buck, that's why I hunt at the fort you just never know what might step out in front of you, Congrats again. Hey was you in area 3 a couple of weeks ago? I think I talked to you I was fixin to go in the woods when you pulled up, I was in a tan chevy.

LIL JOKER

Re: FT CAMPBELL

Nannergoat said:
wah wah wah . Is that all u guys do is whine to each other lol . What news u got? Any action on the fort. What bout you lil smoker you been doing any good?
I quit smoking 4 weeks ago lol...I been seeing little bucks I had a 115 on a doe sunday afternoon in 9a didn't see anything Monday was wanting to go today but no areas were open

LIL JOKER

its weird I got a lease over behind area52 and does are still running togather a hunter told me today he had 9 does out in the cut corn this morn and one small buck walked out and looked at them and left

Roost 1

GaMtnCurs said:
Bucks on cruise mode I've seen all week in Montgomery Co. I've hunted every day since Saturday on this string. I have not seen what I consider full on chase rut.

Yeah yeah yeah....some have seen full mode.

At most all I'm seeing is moderate pestering. Watched an 8 pt basket tonigh work a licking branch and gouge a scrape and walk off with an arched back for 25 yards. Then duck into heavy cover

Still seeing does with fawns

Still seeing bucks with buddy bucks (not that that totally signaling anything)

Buck i bagged Sunday was simply out for a trot.

Much better....thanks

@fulldraw

lightfoot said:
@fulldraw said:
Well I killed a 10 pt this morning in 17. I usually bow hunt but there are a few areas that I'll take the ml. First of all I must thank postal rage. He pointed out a spot on a map last night that looked interesting. Trucks were parked at my first two spots so I decided to try it. I wasn't quite in the exact spot but I was in the right location.

At around 6:15 I heard someone shoot 4 times to the south of me. I watched that direction just in case deer would come running from there. Around 6:30 I heard running, then grunting. I saw the doe and then the buck came off the ridge chasing after her.

Fulldraw awesome buck, that's why I hunt at the fort you just never know what might step out in front of you, Congrats again. Hey was you in area 3 a couple of weeks ago? I think I talked to you I was fixin to go in the woods when you pulled up, I was in a tan chevy.

Thanks. I talked with someone on pump station rd. I didn't pay attention to the vehicle. I was in a blue ford. Was that you?

@fulldraw

LIL JOKER said:
GaMtnCurs said:
hunterncoach said:
anyone with info on area 48? I have it for sat and just looking for any info before I make a decision on where to go in there. Thanks in advance!
i bump into this crazey blue eyes onion head comin outof
50 and i ask him. He look like he been walkin for 10 miles volkmarch with his camo knickers. Funny he drove a white small truck. Had some bubba yocal with him munchin on a bag of little powdere donuts I figger i shaek rlem down for some info to me and pop on track. He said 48 was desolated waiste lmand. I think they proboly got a bullewinlkl they were kinda shady. The driver he had cold blue eyes never will forget. He never even blink for 5 minutds. They had a bunch junk like was halling a duck blind into 50 look like
cold blue eyes.blahhhhhhhhhhh

Lol. Someone has a new screenname for the future. :D

Racknquack

I have a question for you local boys. Do y'all try to get the same areas when possible or just randomly bounce around to learn it. What about bow hunters? Same areas or go somewhere different whenever possible?

lightfoot

2-Step Enabled
@fulldraw said:
lightfoot said:
@fulldraw said:

Thanks. I talked with someone on pump station rd. I didn't pay attention to the vehicle. I was in a blue ford. Was that you?
Yea that was me, I remember you had a blue truck, yea saw three does that day, wished I would of known that was you, my brother meet you at the fort last year his name is Jeff , he also knows Richard, I'll look out for your truck next time i'm up there.

@fulldraw

lightfoot said:
@fulldraw said:
lightfoot said:
@fulldraw said:

Yea that was me, I remember you had a blue truck, yea saw three does that day, wished I would of known that was you, my brother meet you at the fort last year his name is Jeff , he also knows Richard, I'll look out for your truck next time i'm up there.

Nice to meet you. Maybe we'll see each other again. I only saw a spike that day. I don't remember meeting anyone last year by the name Jeff. If you know when and where I may remember. Richard doesn't ring a bell either. Sorry.

@fulldraw

GaMtnCurs said:
Racknquack said:
I have a question for you local boys. Do y'all try to get the same areas when possible or just randomly bounce around to learn it. What about bow hunters? Same areas or go somewhere different whenever possible?
i jump around i have mental memory of hunnerds of spots and u woulndt believe the glow tack trails i lay down. Mines are a smiley face when u follow em in. If u come up on a smiley face u been duped, thats a faux trail of misery and disinformation or a decoy from my real spot. At that point you probably participated in drivin deer towards me. Measures of deception and counter intelligencency

Lol

So you have hundreds of spots at the fort? Thought you were new to the fort.

@fulldraw

GaMtnCurs said:
@fulldraw said:
GaMtnCurs said:
Racknquack said:
i jump around i have mental memory of hunnerds of spots and u woulndt believe the glow tack trails i lay down. Mines are a smiley face when u follow em in. If u come up on a smiley face u been duped, thats a faux trail of misery and disinformation or a decoy from my real spot. At that point you probably participated in drivin deer towards me. Measures of deception and counter intelligencency

Lol

nope been huntin there awhile get area when i want to my dad been huntim in there for years and i know how to read a topo i know what words like datum and declination mean and can tell a roun top from a sinkhole

New to this good time easy listening conversation but not the ft

I dont want to get burn up on a area or an area within a area

What is amazin a man can the same area a bumch of times and not see thenforest for the trees

I know u got a good deer Im happy for you but dont take it upon yourself because of it to shoulder the burden of yourself as delegated by your buddies to poke holes at me or work on super sluethin the scooby doo mysteries of the day with i thought this or hey didnt u say?? Matlock when off the air years ago

Honesty goes along way. Isn't this how you introduced yourself?

GaMtnCurs said:
I'm a be green at the ropes too. Just got into the area last night from Ga. Be our first time trying it out. Like to never found the campground. I have my dad with me he's 76. I talked to a few men at the station and they say the bucks are really runnin them does. Pops will glad of that.

My brother in law is active duty so he knows the best spots already. Says 42, 45, 46 is the ones to get into. The old man will be gettin antsy after too long. Hour is about all he can sit still with his prostate. We will check to see if we can get him a permission slip for his john deer gator. Thats how he is use to hunting at home.

Roost 1

GaMtnCurs said:
What kind of strange stuff do you guys ever find out there. I mean you gotta get more thanm 100 yards of the rd

I find all types of stuff.

Yall go first

I need to correct myself from an earlier post...I said Old Lafeyette Rd...I meant Old Clarksville Pike, sorry for the confusion...

Brisco Darlin

@fulldraw said:
GaMtnCurs said:
@fulldraw said:
GaMtnCurs said:
Racknquack said:

Lol

nope been huntin there awhile get area when i want to my dad been huntim in there for years and i know how to read a topo i know what words like datum and declination mean and can tell a roun top from a sinkhole

New to this good time easy listening conversation but not the ft

I dont want to get burn up on a area or an area within a area

What is amazin a man can the same area a bumch of times and not see thenforest for the trees

I know u got a good deer Im happy for you but dont take it upon yourself because of it to shoulder the burden of yourself as delegated by your buddies to poke holes at me or work on super sluethin the scooby doo mysteries of the day with i thought this or hey didnt u say?? Matlock when off the air years ago

Honesty goes along way. Isn't this how you introduced yourself?

GaMtnCurs said:
I'm a be green at the ropes too. Just got into the area last night from Ga. Be our first time trying it out. Like to never found the campground. I have my dad with me he's 76. I talked to a few men at the station and they say the bucks are really runnin them does. Pops will glad of that.

My brother in law is active duty so he knows the best spots already. Says 42, 45, 46 is the ones to get into. The old man will be gettin antsy after too long. Hour is about all he can sit still with his prostate. We will check to see if we can get him a permission slip for his john deer gator. Thats how he is use to hunting at home.
:D

Racknquack

?????? I don't even know what to say other than it appears you have made yourself out to be something that you obviously are not. I believe fulldraw has you dead to rights on this

Latest posts