Fort Campbell guys!!!

@fulldraw

Ban em all!!!!! I'm tired of the bow areas being locked up. 04 holds 25 hunters and I've never seen more than 12 trucks around it.

WVBOWHUNTER

@fulldraw said:
Ban em all!!!!! I'm tired of the bow areas being locked up. 04 holds 25 hunters and I've never seen more than 12 trucks around it.
yep i agree i have bow hunted all season and im active duty so i get good areas but i see no one in those areas but me and yet there constantly full. I hunt with a few civilians and they get nothing until later in the day and even then its hard. If i were not military no way id pay 50 dollars to hope to hunt. Last two yrs were much better for areas this yr has been slim. Atleast for bow anyway. Not sure about gun areas.

JDP

Maybe the 12 trucks have 2 or more people riding in them....lolol
That would be right at 25 people right? hahaha Gotta love the Fort!! I love how everyone has the solution for what's best for them!

I wish I could control the areas.. they all would be open for coyotes and ducks all season, why ? b/c that's what I wanted! lololol

JDP

If I did I wouldnt tell it... Too much competition and too few spots to hunt. But no there aren't any birds.

Mr.Bro

When you have been around long enough to see that the no show line works.Its hard to sit back and look at the system now.
Back them you didnt have problems with 22 people checked into area 44A and seeing only 4 vechicles there.As i did last saturday.Got there at noon.4 vechicles thats all.And dont tell me the rest went out for lunch and returned later.
Yes i am sure back then there were a few picking up area permits the day before for people that have no intention of ever hunting.
For hunters that cannt get there the day before.Easy.Open at 4am.permits not picked up by 4:30am go in the hat for hunters in the no show line.It works.
Only reason they dropped that format was because they didnt want to pay a couple guys a few extra hours.

JDP no hard feeling but the system worked then and could work again.

woodswise

A mandatory pick up time would be a no cost simple soloution but then why would the military want to make something easy? I was there once when a CO came in the hunting/fishing office and overheard someone complaining about the system and he burst out explaining that Ft. Campbell was a training post not a G>>D>> hunting preserve go home if you didn't like it..lots has changed over the years still very frustrating but a very good place to hunt.The people that control the access to hunting areas are not concerned about us getting to hunt.

WVBOWHUNTER

Just so you know you can voice your opinion to those who make the decisions. If you spent the money to hunt you should have a say. There is a block above the tabs on the ft website called ICE if you click it they will see your opinion and they have to respond. If enough people complain then something has to get addressed. Either way no one blames the staff at the shack. They have a job to do.

A

Anonymous

JDP said:
Maybe the 12 trucks have 2 or more people riding in them....lolol
That would be right at 25 people right? hahaha Gotta love the Fort!! I love how everyone has the solution for what's best for them!

I wish I could control the areas.. they all would be open for coyotes and ducks all season, why ? b/c that's what I wanted! lololol
Somebody there is pulling favorites for someone. Some areas seem to always be full but few to no vehicles in there. The system is flawed.

WVBOWHUNTER

TA52114LBS11PTS.jpg

Got my picture finally. Killed this one in 52. 11pt

@fulldraw

Nice buck. Congrats. I've wanted to venture out to 52 but it's such a long drive out there. I hate driving past all those deer to go that far. :D

Mayheminc.

That's awesome! I hunt 52 ALOT and I have no doubts that this is a deer I missed earlier in the season. Congratulations, I didn't think I would see him again until next year.

WVBOWHUNTER

@fulldraw said:
Nice buck. Congrats. I've wanted to venture out to 52 but it's such a long drive out there. I hate driving past all those deer to go that far. :D

Well when you hunt with a few friends who are civilians they get whats left and 52 is almost always open for that reason. I hunted it hard for 2 years so I knew where to find him this year.

WVBOWHUNTER

Mayheminc. said:
That's awesome! I hunt 52 ALOT and I have no doubts that this is a deer I missed earlier in the season. Congratulations, I didn't think I would see him again until next year.

When I killed him I had my choice of 5 different bucks but he was the biggest. Saw two smaller 8pts (fighting) and a 4pt and spike (which I had seen several times in that area). I know there are a few bigger bucks in there, I talked to a property owner past the church and he told me he had several 180+ inch bucks that where hanging in his food plots and as soon as ky rifle season opens they head on post and hide out. Once you get far enough in there its game on. Just took me a few years to learn that. LOL.

turk870

congrats on the buck.
i know its frustrating not getting in areas and seeing only a few trucks in them but thats part of it atleaset we get to hunt there..i got 41 for tomm.never been in going in blind but atleaset im hunting

Latest posts