Fort Campbell 2017

@fulldraw

medwc":wz9rglfy said:
Harvest was at 559 at 0930-ish when I left there this morning. Quail... don't get me started. Fulldraw get that big LBL buck today? I saw a huge 10 point in 31 this morning, might have gone 160-ish. Anyways... quail... 10 quail areas open for 20 quail hunters and they still had no show spaces. Earn a buck next year. SMH... lol

Decided to wait on lbl and go with you in Dec. :super:

I broke in a shotgun at FC this morning. Just missed you. I was 563. Doing my part to keep earn a buck from returning. :poke:

medwc

Decided to wait on lbl, why? I did 2 morning hunts and 2 full day hunts this last week. I saw a spike and a 6 point on the first morning and nothing the rest of the time up there. The quota hunt shut down my spots in area 12 or they killed everything. It was dead in all my spots. That area 31 buck had some mass to him and a huge body. If he had some width he was 160"+. I just never saw anything but a side view of him. I could do some LBL hunting in Dec. but I don't need the deer meat so maybe not. lol...

medwc

SMH... only 3 deer killed since Friday morning and two of those by me!!! They need to stop giving active duty only areas and start checking who is actually hunting. I think, JMO, the AD guys are up to their old yugo. Locking areas down and not hunting, JMO but I know how that yugo works. Only 2 vehicles out in area 33 at 0600 this morning. Anyways, 616 kill count, expect "earn a buck" next year. That is all, well I do need to process a few does!!! :)

medwc

BULL MOOSE":1es4y956 said:
How does that stack up with past?
I think they normally kill about 900-1200. Don't quote me on that, I don't really keep up with those numbers. I am sure someone on here does.

medwc

Roost 1":31zhdpw5 said:
If only I could get a area....... :bash:
lol, you must be doing something wrong. I am not in any of the "special people" groups that get their own areas and I get areas even when there is only 4 or 5 open. I think I didn't get an area 3 out 30 tries and those 3 times I just pushed the enter key to early or hit the wrong category/date.

medwc

Lucky? lol, I am not luck but you keep blaming it on the system. Another OK season for me. I am done for the year. Good luck to those still hunting.

BULL MOOSE

medwc":jcmlq52m said:
Lucky? lol, I am not luck but you keep blaming it on the system. Another OK season for me. I am done for the year. Good luck to those still hunting.

Earn a buck for you will not be difficult!

lightsareout

medwc":ljthyjro said:

Thats more deer than I've seen all season while on stand at the fort.

@fulldraw

medwc":160lnmwz said:

Dang it....I told you quit taking pics of the same doe and buck. :rotf:

Latest posts