Fort Campbell 2016

Typical 10

1 Doe here.. I saw several bucks, but no shooters!! I hope everyone had a good year, already looking forward to next year!! However, the wife isn't!! LOL

buckslayer85

I killed my doe the second week of the season. I seen several small bucks and a few good ones. Looking back i should have shot one. Oh well they will be there next year.

Oldiron

On the Fort, are they calling any buck with visible antler growth a Mature Buck?

So as to classify bucks on the kill sheets like a yearling with 4 inch long spikes, a "mature deer" ? Had a guy read the sheets last week of season and he told me about it. Been several years since I been able to get out there. What the heck is goin on out there? Or did he read some thing wrong?

medwc

Oldiron":2e11ofly said:
On the Fort, are they calling any buck with visible antler growth a Mature Buck?

So as to classify bucks on the kill sheets like a yearling with 4 inch long spikes, a "mature deer" ? Had a guy read the sheets last week of season and he told me about it. Been several years since I been able to get out there. What the heck is goin on out there? Or did he read some thing wrong?

Here we go!!! :pop:

PS: I kilt a bunch, lol.

Oldiron

Be nice to get in there and lay some does down. So glad they have converted to Unit L.

buckslayer85

There's a lot of does left on the fort, in some of the areas. But some of areas you can't even find a doe track. Last two years the hunting has went down hill in my opinion. I know several guys who haven't been able to kill a doe since they started earn a buck. If they keep earn a buck in effect next year also, the deer population will take a hurting even bigger then it already has. Just my two sense and what I've noticed.

huntforme7909

I've hunt the fort a lot in the past but since the earn a buck program I haven't been. Just to time consuming and too much money traveling out there without being able to shoot a good buck if it comes by me first. Anyone heard when this might end?

medwc

huntforme7909":1q7rrmlh said:
I've hunt the fort a lot in the past but since the earn a buck program I haven't been. Just to time consuming and too much money traveling out there without being able to shoot a good buck if it comes by me first. Anyone heard when this might end?
Talk is this is the last "Earn a buck" year. Next year will be back to normal but I don't have hard facts on that. I was out in area 10 today and they haven't been logging it at all. They have been cutting all the small tree(1" to 5" in diameter) and leaving them where they fall. You can see a couple 100 yards or farther but can NOT walk thru it. What a mess!!! It wasn't the whole area just certain parts of area 10. I guess they may not be done yet so it could be the whole area by the time they finish. Deer were every where!!! I NOT questioning anyone's hunting abilities but I don't see how you can go the whole season and not kill one doe. Well unless you can only go several times out of the year, I would understand that but if you have been out there 4 or 5 weekends.?.?.

Latest posts