Fort Campbell 2016

Sooo.. can we atleast have a public explanation of how many mature deer have been killed in these baited spots with FCFW names painted on the treestands? Or how many mature deer the biologists has harvested on base in the last 3 years? I will not have private conversations with the biologist any longer, each time I have the info that was told was misconstrued and he denied ever saying it. The extremely slow helper buddies in the shed have on more than one occasion let some shady happenings slip out, but if I was to repeat here I would be publicly called a liar lol. Speaking of lying, was the "doe only areas" a mystical dream that everyone had? Someone is lying but i cannot recall back because after I tag out (usually by mid november) i check out and dont follow all the BS up there due to not being able to cchange a thing about it anyway. But I sure have heard a lot about shady things happening and corn, and people walking up on it while it is being hunted. Transparency is all we ask, and i'm glad to see the whole thread waking up to what's actually going on.

I am tagged out, for the third year in a row i have killed a 9 pointer the saturday morning of the juvenile hunt on post. All at about 6:45am. This one was a hell of a hunt and got to watch him chase a doe all the way through a sage field grunting and carrying on, while snort wheezing at a funky racked 7ptr. Shot him at 40 yards. I only wish I had known the ins and outs of base ten years ago when I started hunting up there because I have aimlessly hunted up there back then more times than I can count. I feel like I have a handle on it these last 5 years and I only hunt strategically and play the wind now. I have blown more opportunities up there than I want to admit and have lost giants that will haunt me. Going forward I hope that I will consistently be able to get in with the big ones like i have lately. The thing I love about FC is getting to walk in somewhere knowing that I could be dropping a world class monster every time i go. They are there, in every single area.

medwc

That buck needed another year, maybe two but congrats on that nice 1.5 year old. :stir:

Latest posts