Fort Campbell 2016

medwc

@fulldraw":3an9kwph said:
Nice birds. Unfortunately, I don't have four to share. These three will have to do unless you want to see my two from Ky. :)
Congrats and no need to post your KY birds(I have an LBL bird also). Your one archery bird more than makes up for not having 4 birds(like the numbers really matter, not to me). An archery bird is one thing I probably won't get done on the FORT. I just ain't that good and I have tried(I am talking the "calling them in with no blind" type hunting). Congrats again. :tu:

@fulldraw

I spent about five hours hunting that gobbler and his two buddies. I saw them with eight hens in a field. They eventually made it to a pine stand. It was so thick in places I was within 25 yds of them and couldn't see a bird. When they broke from the hens I finally had them work to me. My first shot was a tad forward and grazed the breast of one. Followed some small drops of blood and then saw them in a hardwoods bottom so I knew the shot wasn't fatal. Repositioned and setup the direction they were going and called them in again. When I walked up to this bird I realized it was the same one I shot about 30 mins prior. It's a hunt I won't forget.

medwc

No one else tagged any Fort Birds? Dang, that Earn a Gobbler program has been kicking yalls butt or what?

Tn Joe

medwc":39u2zyo4 said:
No one else tagged any Fort Birds? Dang, that Earn a Gobbler program has been kicking yalls butt or what?

Had a double earlier in the season. Should be tagged out but I've blown several opportunities to kill birds

Rakkin6

Killed 2 so far this year, one in 08A and one in 05. Had a couple around me this morning got busted by one that snuck in on me in the middle of calling. Cant use a mouth call very good (sound like a drowning turkey) LOL. So busted my hand movement.

medwc

Congrats guys.

Rakkin, that's better then what I can do with a mouth piece.

medwc

OK, turkey season is over. Who is ready for earn a buck and a 15" spread season?

buckslayer85

I heard it was changing to two does before you could earn a buck, and then the buck must have minimum 15 inch spread at least 4 Points on each side. -_-

medwc

Yup, I heard it straight from the Biologist mouth too when I was crying to him about the "earn a gobbler" program. Archery hunters have to take a doe with a x-bow too(mentioned Fulldraw on that one).He said 2017 will be doe only, no buck hunting that year. :shock:

SKFOOTER

medwc":q7j7htad said:
Yup, I heard it straight from the Biologist mouth too when I was crying to him about the "earn a gobbler" program. Archery hunters have to take a doe with a x-bow too(mentioned Fulldraw on that one).He said 2017 will be doe only, no buck hunting that year. :shock:
Are you serious??

medwc

SKFOOTER":1c0j60hs said:
medwc":1c0j60hs said:
Are you serious??
NO, it was sarcasm towards the talk I have heard on here and at the game station on the Fort. I will get off the soapbox about it (or until the crybabies start again about there are no Does because of EAB). I don't know anything but hear-say about the coming deer season. Hear-say I have heard for it is no earn a buck but there will be some sort of antler restriction. That is all I have HEARD. If anyone has any hear-say then please do tell. JDP has to know something. Hint, hint, hint...

@fulldraw

medwc":2m7mkzrs said:

Really? Lol I'll follow you to LBL before I hunt with a xbow. May have to hunt with a gun more. Think I found your spot in 10. :grin:

medwc

@fulldraw":1yrjteu7 said:
medwc":1yrjteu7 said:

Really? Lol I'll follow you to LBL before I hunt with a xbow. May have to hunt with a gun more. Think I found your spot in 10. :grin:
I think my bow hunting days are over unless they can fix my C5–C6 vertebrae problem. My area 10 spot, lol, which spot in 10? All of 10 is my spot.

@fulldraw

Sorry to hear that about your vertebrae. I know you really enjoy bowhunting. As for 10, maybe they'll open it up for bow again this year.

Latest posts