East half rut

killingtime 41

Wondering what all in the Eastern half of the state are seeing. 2 weeks ago on the first really cold morning. Groups of doe's were running all over mostly young bucks chasing them or one amongst them all over. It seems impossible to me that a group of 5 or more Doe all come into estrous at once. Is it not usually the oldest one in the group first. Or does it stagger out over a much longer period of time. With various ones coming into estrous at different times. And does the older bucks wait till a higher percentage are in estrous at once to give him the chance to breed several.over the years it seems to stagger over time in my observations.

Sasquatch Boogie Outdoors

Saturday before thanksgiving I saw 1 doe group of 8 with 1 small buck harassing the crowd. 1 group of 5 doe and another doe group of 5. Now I can't find a deer. Pressure,lock down, bait piles, who knows. You'd think with a 1-47 buck to doe ratio there would be some lonely girls runnin around. 🤔 or im just a terrible hunter…yep that seems more likely. Upper east side

Latest posts