Rut information

I've done most of my hunting in Georgia. Must be in the woods Nov 1st-15th down there. First year hunting Tennessee. Hunting in Morgan County. Can anyone shed any light on the rut in Morgan County, Tn?. For the most part I keep hearing around Thanksgiving. I've seen several posts saying first week or two of December. I had some good mature buck movement around Nov 7th -12th on ky cameras but cameras have been slow since them. Any help is much appreciated.

That's sounds about right. Had a lot of action on camera about that same time period Couple nice 8's big 10. A lot of new scrapes on property etc. But it just tuned off quick. I never saw chasing. Couple younger bucks checkling & seeking. We'll see what happens.

KP Outdoors

Loudon County here, took a nice 8 point on 11/10 that was cruising in the morning rain and upper 40's at 8am. Since, haven't seen much activity this weekend at all. I recall 11/26 last year there were 2 bucks fighting over a doe and the bigger one was nose to the ground chasing.

This weekend and the next ought to be ideal with the cold weather rolling in! Good luck!

UTGrad

Loudon County here, took a nice 8 point on 11/10 that was cruising in the morning rain and upper 40's at 8am. Since, haven't seen much activity this weekend at all. I recall 11/26 last year there were 2 bucks fighting over a doe and the bigger one was nose to the ground chasing.

This weekend and the next ought to be ideal with the cold weather rolling in! Good luck!

We've been needing cold weather to get the does moving in the daytime.

I'm seeing plenty of doe in the daytime but they're just not 'ready' yet.
Yep does seem to be moving as normal during daytime. Just haven't seen any rut action. Also I've always hunted in Georgia and we've always have a good bit of does. In Morgan county where I'm hunting it seems to be about a 1:1 ratio. And actually I probably have more bucks on camera than does. Has it always been like that in Morgan County?

jetwrnch

It's been little to no movement in Scott Co for over a week now.
My cameras in Scott have been active during the day.
deer1.JPG

Latest posts