Rut information

MUP

Saturday, early morning, saw 5 deer of which 4 were bucks. The lone doe was being pestered by a young spike, the others were nose to the ground, while another spike fed in front of me for a good while before wandering on off. This is the southern tip of the plateau.

Shanman

Saw this one West bound I-40 at West Town Mall, actually on the bridge of the exit. Sunday evening driving home there were probably 8-10 doe/buck between Harriman and 58 exit, East bound. When I lived in Rockwood several years ago you could always "Read" the interstate and know when it was hot.
IMG_2231.jpeg

Snake

Saw this one West bound I-40 at West Town Mall, actually on the bridge of the exit. Sunday evening driving home there were probably 8-10 doe/buck between Harriman and 58 exit, East bound. When I lived in Rockwood several years ago you could always "Read" the interstate and know when it was hot.View attachment 204261
Just passed that same buck about 2:00- 2:30 . Traffic was horrible in that southbound lane . Took a little over an hour to go from the north side of town to that first exit right before the split .

Remi

I saw 6 doe, a 6pt and two spikes today. The doe wandered through and 5mins or so later the 6 and a spike walked their trail behind them. Hopefully it picks back up this weekend.

Hawk103161

I've done most of my hunting in Georgia. Must be in the woods Nov 1st-15th down there. First year hunting Tennessee. Hunting in Morgan County. Can anyone shed any light on the rut in Morgan County, Tn?. For the most part I keep hearing around Thanksgiving. I've seen several posts saying first week or two of December. I had some good mature buck movement around Nov 7th -12th on ky cameras but cameras have been slow since them. Any help is much appreciated.
Now is a great time to be in the woods in just about every county in Tn. Morgan County should be now.

Latest posts