Rut ?

Creek

This is the second time I caught him trailing behind some does in the past three nights.

I deleted the other pictures or I would post them as well.

Im thinking this guy didn't get the memo that the rut is over. šŸ˜‚

Is it possible to have an example this late in the year, or is he just wishing?

Attachments

• RNFetchBlobTmp_p638mfeothegdbtncewkj6[1].jpg
    RNFetchBlobTmp_p638mfeothegdbtncewkj6[1].jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 12

BSK

Bucks will follow or pester does any time the bucks are in hard antler. Not out of the question that a doe was displaying estrus behavior or even being in estrus. Some does are unable to conceive but still go through estrus every 28-30 days. They can repeat this cycle 4 to 5 times over the course of the fall and winter months.

JCDEERMAN

Had friend with a video of a buck tending a doe at the end of March one year . The buck had no antlers what so ever.
Several years ago while turkey hunting in Jackson county, I saw atleast a 3.5 yo really nice buck chasing a herd of 7-8 does. Still had both sides and this was in April. His body was much bigger than the rest of them. He was about 300 yards away though

BSK

Several years ago while turkey hunting in Jackson county, I saw atleast a 3.5 yo really nice buck chasing a herd of 7-8 does. Still had both sides and this was in April. His body was much bigger than the rest of them. He was about 300 yards away though
In southern KY, I watched an older buck chase a doe all day on Easter Sunday.

JCDEERMAN

Found a refreshed scrape line Saturday on a ridge top .
I did too on Sunday. It was bigger than any scrape I've seen in years, including the big mock ones I make in the fall. It had atleast 10-15 prints in it and not a leaf. I wanted to put a camera over it. Maybe when I'm down there this coming weekend I willā€¦just to see the type of action this time of year

Latest posts