Rut activity??

TN Larry

So far, just a bunch of 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 year-old 8-pointers.

My family farm is just for "entertainment" hunting for the family. They come in from all over the country (and even other countries) for 5-6 days at the start of MZ season and that's it for most of them for the year. Any buck not a yearling is fair game. We shoot a lot of 2 1/2 year-old 8-pointers, which we can "grow" with abundance.
And there's not a thing wrong with that either. It should be all about having fun.

Bgoodman30

I'm on the border between Middle TN and West TN. Chasing has been insane this year (started in late September). Bucks were cranked to 11 over the weekend. Very little sign of actual estrus, but bucks didn't care. We saw multiple chases from the stand Saturday through Wednesday, and a crazy number of chases on camera.

Also noticed around the 5th that does suddenly switched their attention from the overhanging limb at scrapes to the ground scrapes themselves. In the past, this has been a very predictable harbinger of actual estrus in 5 days. So looks like estrus should kick off in mass around the 10th, which is right on schedule for a peak breeding of the 10th to 20th.

Dead on. Pretty sure some does came in today. This afternoon was on fiyah..

Seabee

So far, just a bunch of 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 year-old 8-pointers.

My family farm is just for "entertainment" hunting for the family. They come in from all over the country (and even other countries) for 5-6 days at the start of MZ season and that's it for most of them for the year. Any buck not a yearling is fair game. We shoot a lot of 2 1/2 year-old 8-pointers, which we can "grow" with abundance.
I can be a long lost cousin….lol

Latest posts