Auction of Firearms-Sweet 16, Nylon 22

DaveB

You have to pick up.

I would bid on several but can't be there. There is a Belgian Sweet 16 and two nylon 22's, I would take all 3 if price stays reasonable.

MUP

That Sweet 16 went for $2550. Holy crap! 😳
That doesn't surprise me at all, my experiences at open auctions has been similar. I've watched several firearms end up selling for way more than new prices, and not old collectors guns either, but a newer muzzleloader for instance, worth maybe $100-$150 going for over $400. Left me thinking there was something going on with the bidding, and bidders.

Huntaholic

With the exception of the sweet 16, those guns actually sold fairly decent. That smith 22 mag pistol was a steal honestly. I sold a mohawk brown nylon 2 weeks ago for 550. That super blackhawk sold worth the money too, along with that 25mn rifle.

Gravey

That doesn't surprise me at all, my experiences at open auctions has been similar. I've watched several firearms end up selling for way more than new prices, and not old collectors guns either, but a newer muzzleloader for instance, worth maybe $100-$150 going for over $400. Left me thinking there was something going on with the bidding, and bidders.
I thought they were $750-1000 guns. I've got a 12, 16, & 20 that are priceless because they were family guns and will never be sold while I'm alive but shocked me when I saw $2550.

volboy

I wonder why there's such a difference in the prices for the 1 nylon 66's....
Look at all of the pictures of the brown one. It is in pretty rough shape.
Went to auction almost a year ago. They had around 25 or so nylons. Most of them went for $375 but the black and chrome ones went for a couple hundred more. All those were in pretty good condition.

Huntaholic

My nylon was MINT. Looked like it just came out of the box. Id almsot bet it had only been shot 3 times and those were the 3 I shot through it when I bought it to make sure it functioned properly.

Carlos

Myself, I wouldn't pay over $100 for one of those nylons. They just don't do anything for me, and I've already got more 22's than I need.

backyardtndeer

People get bit by the auction "gotta win" bug and lose their better sense. Seen it many times.

Latest posts