Anybody here do deer management consulting work?

Bushape

Extreme NW Alabama. I can practically spit into Wayne Co. That's middle Tennessee right? @BSK

Last edited:

7mmWSM

Whoever you choose don't pick the guy from West Tn. Sa farms management Rocky Burris. The guy doesn't have a clue but does give you a good laugh.

DoubleRidge

I know several people are not TWRA fans these days and it's not specifically "deer management"...but TWRA has Wildlife Habitat Biologists throughout the state whose job is to assist landowners with technical assistance with managing their property for wildlife....they can also assist with the NRCS grant application process which can provide cost share opportunities for certain projects.....again, certainly not a personal "deer manager" but it might be somewhere to start with little to no cost.

double browtine

Check out Whitetail Obsession Outdoors on YouTube. He has all kinds of videos on managing your property. I started watching his videos several years ago when he was just doing his own hunting property. Now I think he's consulting full time. He is in Maryland so he probably doesn't come this far South but his videos are good and it's free. I think he does offer a virtual type thing also where you send him pictures of your property and he consults via zoom type thing. There are probably others out there also.

kentuckylakebuck1

I know several people are not TWRA fans these days and it's not specifically "deer management"...but TWRA has Wildlife Habitat Biologists throughout the state whose job is to assist landowners with technical assistance with managing their property for wildlife....they can also assist with the NRCS grant application process which can provide cost share opportunities for certain projects.....again, certainly not a personal "deer manager" but it might be somewhere to start with little to no cost.
LOL i was just about to give him my best advise! DO EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE OF WHATEVER TWRA TELLS YOU TO DO! if you do what TWRA suggest, you wont have any deer left to manage!

DoubleRidge

LOL i was just about to give him my best advise! DO EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE OF WHATEVER TWRA TELLS YOU TO DO! if you do what TWRA suggest, you wont have any deer left to manage!
LOL....I absolutely do not agree with their approach to managing CWD.....but TWRA has Wildlife Habitat Biologist who assist landowners with managing their property for wildlife....they can also assist with the NRCS grant application process....and for the most part the "boots on the ground" at TWRA are not those who I have issues with.

Latest posts