Another AA Lithium Energizer notice.

JCDEERMAN

Don't know if it's so or not, but someone told me last week that Buckee's had the best AA battery prices. I will look next time I stop by one. They may have been talking about alkaline.

And/or only add new cams with great battery life!
I was in the Crossville one Thursday and didn't notice any lithiums. I'm a geek and everywhere I find lithiums, I pull my calculator up on my phone to see the price per battery. Didn't see them there, but also didn't look for them. Just noticed they weren't with the alkaline batteries

deerhunter10

I pay 22 for 100 alkaline. They last about 4 months for me. .22 cents each
I quit using them for two reasons and switched to the high dollar lithium. Had one explode in a camera in the summer when it got hot and ruined a brand new camera. The same year had one freeze and released what ever is in it and also ruined a brand new camera. I listen to a lot of podcasts and mossy oak game keepers just did a very interesting podcast on trail cameras. Specifically batteries and brought in 2 or 3 camera manufacturers and another guy that runs like a 100 cameras. Worth a listen.

redblood

I quit using them for two reasons and switched to the high dollar lithium. Had one explode in a camera in the summer when it got hot and ruined a brand new camera. The same year had one freeze and released what ever is in it and also ruined a brand new camera. I listen to a lot of podcasts and mossy oak game keepers just did a very interesting podcast on trail cameras. Specifically batteries and brought in 2 or 3 camera manufacturers and another guy that runs like a 100 cameras. Worth a listen.
I have heard stories of batteries doing that, but it hasnt happened to me yet. I dont leave out cams year round . I pull them in march anx put them back out in mid june

TheLBLman

I was at a Sam's a couple days ago, and they still had the 18-packs of AA Lithiums for @ $34.99.
They've continued that price for the past few months, and usually have some in stock.
Bucee's has 8 packs for 13.36 right now. Grabbed a few packs.
Will check that out next time I stop at a Bucee's.
Academy also had the 8 packs recently at a similar price.

Despite the high prices, still believe they are generally the best choice with cell cams.

CrossVolle

I was at a Sam's a couple days ago, and they still had the 18-packs of AA Lithiums for @ $34.99.
They've continued that price for the past few months, and usually have some in stock.

Will check that out next time I stop at a Bucee's.
Academy also had the 8 packs recently at a similar price.

Despite the high prices, still believe they are generally the best choice with cell cams.
Agreed. It just pisses me off lol

BSK

Because our local deer population was way down this year, and deer were not active on scrapes, I didn't burn through the batteries as much this year. Suspect most of my cams that got new batteries (lithium AAs) in August this last year will still be able to run for a couple of months next year before needing replacement.

But this year I'm going to try and buy replacements long before everybody else is doing the same! Hope I can hit good prices in June or July.

Antler Daddy

Because our local deer population was way down this year, and deer were not active on scrapes, I didn't burn through the batteries as much this year. Suspect most of my cams that got new batteries (lithium AAs) in August this last year will still be able to run for a couple of months next year before needing replacement.

But this year I'm going to try and buy replacements long before everybody else is doing the same! Hope I can hit good prices in June or July.
Do you recycle all you recycle all your batteries?

JCDEERMAN

I do not, although I should. We use the batteries I pull for my cameras for odds and ends like, remote controls, and battery Christmas lights, etc. But once they're dead, they go in the trash.
I do the same. They go into my 5 year olds toys. Typically the noisy ones. So when they die, I just explain to her that they're dead and we don't have anymore to replace 🤣

Latest posts