PSA- Hold off on buying energizer AA lithiums

megalomaniac

I strongly suspect the AA energizer lithium are going to come closer to long term normals...

Raw lithium prices are declining, as EV manufacturers are having a hard time selling EV car inventories and demand for lithium is rapidly declining.

You guys may consider using regular alkaline to get you through till Oct, when hopefully lithium batteries will get back to well under $2 each.

BSK

I strongly suspect the AA energizer lithium are going to come closer to long term normals...

Raw lithium prices are declining, as EV manufacturers are having a hard time selling EV car inventories and demand for lithium is rapidly declining.

You guys may consider using regular alkaline to get you through till Oct, when hopefully lithium batteries will get back to well under $2 each.
I'm going to run the batteries that I put in new last year as long as they will last. I was just checking my cams, and those batteries from last year are still in pretty good shape. Most are at 1.7 volts.

Omega

I'm going to run the batteries that I put in new last year as long as they will last. I was just checking my cams, and those batteries from last year are still in pretty good shape. Most are at 1.7 volts.
Just be aware, lithium batteries show high volts until they drop off drastically. While alkaline batteries start dimming in flashlights, the lithiums usually don't, until they no longer power the flashlight. I suspect that it's the same for cameras.
1689614198885.png

Andy S.

^^^^ True, Energizer Lithium (L91 AA battery) discharge profile below. I run them until they hit around 1.55 volts, then I discard them. Sometimes I time it right, sometimes I miss a few photos.

1689614605578.png

hammer33

Just got a spypoint flex. Put AA rechargables in it (eneloop) and I was able to program it and set it up. Now no LED lights will come on. Checked the app and it says 45% battery. The batteries are fully charged and the led's still won't come on. Do I need to run higher voltage AA's? I think the eneloops are rated 1.5v but charge up to 1.7v

Latest posts