2020 Rut Report

DoubleRidge

Yesterday saw two spikes, 5pt, decent 8pt and two does.....the does we're feeding and the bucks were searching....most of the movement was early morning with one of the bucks last hour of daylight...mid day was dead.... Dickson County.

Bgoodman30

Only bucks I've seen cruising were at first and last crack of light. I have a bunch of pics of these 2 fighting. Interesting thing is they fought on almost the same nights in the same spot last year. I am putting all my stock in 11/11. My 2 best bucks have been missing for at least a month or more... Typical.
IMG_1788.JPG

megalomaniac

This heat has been a godsend. Ive seen 2 4.5yos and 2 5.5yos since Sat. They have all been cruising hard working scrapes and checking field edges in the 1st 30 min of daylight and last 30 min of dark.

Does arent in yet on my place, but should start coming in shortly.

Oh, the reason the heat is so good... the mature bucks are laying up all day long and not moving... by that afternoon, they are so pent up they are actually covering ground BEFORE dark searching. PLUS, the heat has concentrated most of my deer in deep vallies and creek beds where it is a few degrees cooler. I dont have to even worry about covering the hill tops. It does stink that midday hunting is a waste (unless you want to go into their bedroom, and I dont), but I'm getting new stands hung, checking cameras, etc midday.

SteveJ

Saturday i saw a spike, a 4 pt and a decent 8 and all were pushing does around, not hard chasing but definitely going after them for the first hour and a half after daylight. Bradley County

Swampthing

Hot and cold in Robertson County. Saw some chasing Saturday but saw a group of does that weren't being bothered at all Sunday. Looking forward to the 2nd half of this week with the coming cold front.

huntncoach

My buddy is at our lease and saw several deer this morning - one being a small buck chasing a doe. Pretty good action this week in Rhea. Heading down myself later this evening.
Well, not much action over the weekend after Saturday morning. Saw a buck pushing a doe through a thicket and my buddy saw a couple doing the same that morning. Nothing after that - I can only assume because of the heat.

Latest posts