2020 Rut Report

T

Trnr

Supporter
Hey yall, searched for a rut report thread for this year but didnt find one. If there is one I missed please delete this.

I know its early but just watched this guy sniffing the ground behind a yearling doe (Rutherford County). Dont get me wrong he wasnt pushing her but was certainly interested. Guess I need to carry my bow when I let the dog in haha.

Sorry for the blurry pic, my phone was all I had at the time.

Attachments

• 20201025_181100.jpg
    20201025_181100.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 190
D

dhpro

On way to work this morning saw a nice buck chasing a big doe in warren county

cbhunter

cbhunter

Supporter
Heard and caught a glimpse of what I believe was some pestering/chasing in the blind yesterday. Could hear them running for several seconds, then a flash of deer in front of me, then quiet, then running again for several seconds. Could not identify the deer when I briefly seen them but it wasn’t spooked deer, I know that much. Carroll County

T

T. J. Mercer

Monday, the 2nd, saw the buck in the attached pics
20201104 204656
chasing a doe at around 8:05am. But I let him go, b/c the angle i had made me think he was a smaller 7-pt.
See other pic, his front claw turns in funny.

Tuesday, the 3rd, saw an (actual) smaller 7-pt shadowing a doe

Wednesday, the 4th, the big guy returned around 8:30am, presumably to check scrapes, as he does each night two or three times. Of course, I didn't learn any of this until AFTER I pulled the camera cards last night.
A nice, mature doe passed by an hour ago (915am), same area, but nothing was in pursuit.
ALL of my activity had been at least two hours after first light, deep woods, usually 3 to 4 hours.
Idk if this was helpful, but I experienced a lull of over two weeks seeing nothing, then BOOM!!! Deer activity.
20201104 205010

tree_ghost

tree_ghost

It’s picking up. Bigger bucks are starting to tend scrapes and check does in my areas. Hot weather coming is gonna suck!

H

huntncoach

Witnessed a 6 pointer chasing a doe Monday morning in Rhea County. Caught me by surprise! Ran her all over for about 5-6 minutes.

Remington700

Remington700

Monday of this week I was driving through Weakley county and witnessed in 2 separate fields a couple of big bucks after does. Last weekend on Juvy in Fayette county I saw zero rut activity. Saw a ton of does and a few smaller bucks.

catman529

catman529

Central and northern Middle TN it’s heating up for sure. Have seen a couple cruising and one buck locked down with a doe on Monday evening. And lots of dead spikes on the interstate

S

Ski

Supporter
Saw a nice wide 6 hound dogging two matures and a fawn last night in Coffee Co.

whwood21

whwood21

Grunted in a nice older mature 8 this morning. Heard him running along grunting, with a couple of hits on the grunt call he circled down wind and right below me. Didn’t present a shot from that direction but he stood right below me. Exciting none the less. His neck was nice and thick. It’s beginning to heat up! Davidson county

H

huntncoach

Witnessed a 6 pointer chasing a doe Monday morning in Rhea County. Caught me by surprise! Ran her all over for about 5-6 minutes.
My buddy is at our lease and saw several deer this morning - one being a small buck chasing a doe. Pretty good action this week in Rhea. Heading down myself later this evening.

S

scn

Supporter
I know of a nice bonus buck that was killed this morning on a federal refuge hunt. He was “cruising “.

B

bkidd1187

Saw a spike chasing a doe hard on opening day of Muzzleloader. She trotted across the field panting, about 15 seconds later the spike was right behind her. Hunting in Bledsoe/Sequatchie.