Yuchi juvenile this weekend

volsfan1976

I do. We only seen one while hunting, a doe around 11:40. Heard probably 8-10 shots all day. On our way out we came upon some fellow hunters and the little guy killed himself a doe. Not a whole lot of action going on yesterday it didn't seem like. Maybe today. We are here and hopeful. But I guess they cut the corn in some of the fields yesterday. That's where the boy shot his at. We are hunting the hardwoods about a mile off the road. We try to get away from everyone so that we don't mess up anyones hunt.

Stumpsitter

I do. We only seen one while hunting, a doe around 11:40. Heard probably 8-10 shots all day. On our way out we came upon some fellow hunters and the little guy killed himself a doe. Not a whole lot of action going on yesterday it didn't seem like. Maybe today. We are here and hopeful. But I guess they cut the corn in some of the fields yesterday. That's where the boy shot his at. We are hunting the hardwoods about a mile off the road. We try to get away from everyone so that we don't mess up anyones hunt.
Thanks, well good luck! I hope y'all get a big one! I'm glad to hear they are cutting the corn. I'm going to scout it this Friday for my son , he's drawn the last juvenile hunt. I haven't hunted up there in quite a few years, but I have a few friends that have been on the juvenile hunts with their children and they have been telling me about some of the pressure when the fields aren't cut. I hope y'all have a wonderful time.

volsfan1976

Yeah seems like the fields are always packed. So we try to get away from the pressure. But hasn't done us a lot of good. Only seen 3 trucks this morning and we got here about 420. Good luck on your juvi hunt. Hope you all do good.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
My daughter and I had people walking all over us yesterday morning in the ridges and didn't see a single deer. Came out, regrouped, and went to a different location and saw 3 does. She missed one of them, and we can only guess that she yanked the trigger.

Went back thus morning and people were in our first 2 spots, so we took a flyer on a hunch and got her on deer this morning. She had a doe on the ground by 7:45. Wasted our time dragging it out and checking it in at the rangers station. They took no biological information, so we should have just checked it in on the phone, quartered it in the field and put it on ice at the vehicle . Would have made life easier

Latest posts