Juvenile hunt this weekend

BSK

Granddaughters first her Dad had to work so PopPop was there. She did great, her little spike ran 15-20 feet. I tried to talk her into waiting for a bigger buck but she said "PopPop, he's small like me, I want him."

Hope they never forget, I sure won't
My daughter's first. A little acorn spike shot at 30 yards with a 30-30. Best trophy of all time!

Attachments

• 2013Ruby1b.jpg
    2013Ruby1b.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 64

Headhunter

Some of my best memories are of my dad taking my brother and myself on juvenile hunts. We had a blast everytime and generally killed deer. LBL youth hunts were the best. Of course that is when they were the first weekend in November. When we juvenile hunted, there was no passing deer up, no is that big enough, well we never shot fawns or small deer, but the first legal deer that wasn't to small was getting shot at. To me those were the best days of hunting, kill what was legal, a doe or a spike or a 10 ptr and we for sure proud of any deer we killed. Pictures got carried around til they were destroyed.

Every single deer my daughter kills, I LOSE it. When I am in the stand with her and we see deer, she tells me to calm down. She says I get so excited that she gets tore up and has trouble concentrating. The great buck she killed last year was the best hunt of my life by far.

Latest posts