Juvenile hunt license req’s

kgt

Hey all, quick question…if I invite a juvenile (with his father accompanying him) to hunt my farm on a juvenile hunt day, does he need a big game permit? Or can he just hunt with my permission on my property similar to landowner exemption? He has hunter safety already, but he will likely not hunt again all year so I'm trying to have him legal as cheaply as possible.

Thanks.

Madbowh

I believe he's good to go, they don't even offer a archery, mz, rifle tag for youth. It's combo license and wma permit all they can buy l think.

Southern Sportsman

• Youth ages 6–9 are not required to have a license or hunter's education certification.
  • Youths 10–12 must meet hunter education requirements or have an Apprentice Hunter Education Permit.
  • Youth 13–15 must meet the requirements for youth 10–12 listed above, and have a valid hunting license and a Migratory Bird Permit if hunting waterfowl.
  • Youth 16 must meet the requirements for youth 10–12 listed above, and have the appropriate supplemental license (Waterfowl, Gun, Archery, or Muzzleloader) and a Federal Duck Stamp if hunting waterfowl.

Madbowh

Great post, so ms Emily at crossville office says, residents under 16 only need jr hunt/ fish and if on wma get a wma permit. No big game needed. They also made 2nd youth hunt all tn land not private, I seen that but questioned it because last youth hunt was always private. I'll have my daughter on public with her 350 legend this weekend.

Glad you asked, I get so nervous about these things especially with the kids

30-06 type of guy

Great post, so ms Emily at crossville office says, residents under 16 only need jr hunt/ fish and if on wma get a wma permit. No big game needed. They also made 2nd youth hunt all tn land not private, I seen that but questioned it because last youth hunt was always private. I'll have my daughter on public with her 350 legend this weekend.

Glad you asked, I get so nervous about these things especially with the kids
The January youth hunt was always private land only?

cbrock84

How do you go by getting a apprentice license for a 12 yr old? So he'll be able to hunt this weekend

Latest posts