Juvenile opener

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
I drove from Arlington to Toone yesterday morning around 10 with the family. I counted 13 deer we saw along the drive. So they were moving a decent amount. Some were in fields and others we saw crossing the highway.

Gravey

Congrats to those who killed a deer and those who are out there making memories with their kids. I miss it as my son and my buddies kids are all around 20. It used to be the most fun weekend. Now my son cares nothing about hunting. If he did it would be afternoon hunts only because he's not getting up early. 😂

backyardtndeer

Doe and a couple fawns already this morning. Had been in the stand less than 5 minutes. Well within his range, but he's holding out for a buck.
20231029_071132.jpg

Bgoodman30

No deer seen not even on the drive home... No pics until after 9pm. Hope my young'un had fun because I thought I was in purgatory sweating my d*&* off...

kaizen leader

My brother just called me and said his 10 year old grandson just shot a nice buck and is wound up. They passed on a doe which disappointed the little guy. The buck ran about 100 yards and bedded. He can still see it head movements so it hasn't expired. Brother thinks it might be a gut shot so now they wait. Exciting.

Snake

My daughter couldn't show restraint any longer. She shot the 7th doe we seen last night. Her goal Was to hold out for one of the bucks we have on camera but that was the 20th deer we had seen today. She made a good shot and the dang thing still run 130 yards. We were wore out from the heat and the work.
Congrats to the young lady .

tdt5446

My oldest son I pushed away from hunting with poor decision making and too much pressure placed on him. He likes Turkey hunting though and I'm hopeful he will turn to deer hunting in the future but I just hope he's happy either way. My youngest boy has already killed a buck and a doe and decided with the 80deg temps he would rather play football and hunt arrowheads this weekend so I'll be a rock mule, a all time QB, and honorary ice checker for the cooler lol!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE HUNTERS. Keep your head in the game boys one hot doe is more powerful than any hot temps….
You forgot to add "All Star Dad" to your job list! Great job, you have 2 fortunate boys!

kaizen leader

My brother just called me and said his 10 year old grandson just shot a nice buck and is wound up. They passed on a doe which disappointed the little guy. The buck ran about 100 yards and bedded. He can still see it head movements so it hasn't expired. Brother thinks it might be a gut shot so now they wait. Exciting.
The he rest of the story:
So they wait for the big buck to die and it gets up and starts walking to a bean field. The little guy couldn't get a shot. They hustle to get another look. Sure enough he was cutting across another bean field and disappeared. Then a three pointer came out and the little guy shot it. Great first hunt.

Hduke86

It was brutally hot most of the day but got back out in the stand about 4 in the evening and settled in. He said he was "buck" hunting but I knew better and knew really anything coming by would die. Had one come out and spot us but made the mistake of hanging around long enough for a shot. That one took off and crashed but I see another about 60ish yards away. I tell him where it's at and he asks if he can shoot it. I say "go for it" but really I was already dreading dealing with one in the heat. I just said make a good shot so I don't have to go chase it. Well…BANG and it drops like a rock without even a twitch. We go walk and get the atv and little trailer and go pick up his deer. First one was a good shot taking out both lungs but still managed to run into a jungle of a mess. We got to the second one that dropped like a rock and noticed why it did. Now I don't recommend this for anyone that doesn't have 100% confidence or who doesn't have dead calm breathing or hands but he put it right behind the ear. I have 110% confidence in his shooting abilities and he shoots probably more than 95% of the people on here. Great juvenile hunt and great time spent in the woods with my youngest.B75130BA-1A34-4F49-9D58-79E1C2A0084A.pngA1DABC1D-D3DC-4F40-9D0C-4963B8A01804.png

kaizen leader

It was brutally hot most of the day but got back out in the stand about 4 in the evening and settled in. He said he was "buck" hunting but I knew better and knew really anything coming by would die. Had one come out and spot us but made the mistake of hanging around long enough for a shot. That one took off and crashed but I see another about 60ish yards away. I tell him where it's at and he asks if he can shoot it. I say "go for it" but really I was already dreading dealing with one in the heat. I just said make a good shot so I don't have to go chase it. Well…BANG and it drops like a rock without even a twitch. We go walk and get the atv and little trailer and go pick up his deer. First one was a good shot taking out both lungs but still managed to run into a jungle of a mess. We got to the second one that dropped like a rock and noticed why it did. Now I don't recommend this for anyone that doesn't have 100% confidence or who doesn't have dead calm breathing or hands but he put it right behind the ear. I have 110% confidence in his shooting abilities and he shoots probably more than 95% of the people on here. Great juvenile hunt and great time spent in the woods with my youngest.View attachment 200679View attachment 200680
Congrats

Latest posts