World Series

Displaced_Vol

I walked to the kitchen and come back to LSU having a run in the first inning. How'd that happen?

That called 3rd strike against Denton to finish the 2nd inning sure looked outside from here.
Crews went from 1st to second on a pass ball and then got singled in- little mistakes catching us for a run.
Could have been worse they stranded runners on the corners that inning.
We're getting pretty good ABs I hope eventually they'll turn into runs.

wayne

That's ballgame and season. You can't hold the runner at 3rd down 1 this late in the game.
That bunt was going to roll foul.

Displaced_Vol

I'm honestly not near as upset at holding Stark at 3rd as Ensley taking a whack at an 2-0 and plopping it up to right.
Stark got a terrible jump off first which is sad since it was two outs, plus he's not exactly swift. The cut off man had the ball by the time he got to third I think he would have been out.

We were fortunate to hold them to one in the 6th. Making this reliever they started look like a weekend starter but that strike zone getting awful liberal again

Displaced_Vol

On a positive at least I don't have to listen to that awful broadcast anymore.

Can't make those mistakes against a team that's better than you. They pitched two hefty lefties and we ran through our whole bullpen, definitely didn't see the pitching playing out that way. My only real question from a coaching standpoint is why did they pull AJ Russell when they did?

Hell of a year. Crazy to think how dominate last years team was and how this one struggled for so much of the year but they ended up in Omaha. College baseball's a funny game that way-

SC Manimal

A coach that can recruit is great but you can't replace someone who gets EVERYTHING out of their players. I like Rick Barnes and hope he stays for a while but that's the only knock on him. He doesn't seem to get many players to their potential.

Forvols

It was a great year given it was pretty much a new team of position players. Good for recruiting, and to build on for next year. Remember LOTS of D-1 teams were sitting at home and BASEVOLS do have a regional and super regional winner trophies.

Latest posts