WORLD RECORD

Dean Parisian

Pamelot, TN Ghost Ranc MT San Jose del Cabo, MX
Truett Hanes. Son of public figure, Cameron Hanes today set a world record in the number of PULL-UPS in a 24 hour period.

If you have been following his journey, from early training to his FIRST ATTEMPT at the record and failing, to what he had to change, has been fun to watch.

Diet, strategy, training regimen, mental preparation, all of it has been incredible! There are plenty of YOUTUBE videos that will chronicle this achievement.

Here are some of his feats.

He has performed 50 pull-ups and 100 pushups in just 5 minutes. In one video, he detailed his mental preparation for a 100-mile run. Before the challenge, he had zero training – except lifting seven days a week and walking his dog. While his dad wasn't convinced he could finish, he completed it in 32 hours and 8 minutes (22 minutes before the cut-off).

Other impressive feats include:

• 1,000 Pushups in 1 Hour
  • 1,000 Dips in 1 Hour
  • 1,000 Pull-ups in 2 Hours (in his first attempt, he managed 773 in just an hour)
  • 2,000 Dips in 2 Hours

The kid is a beast. What an incredible athlete!

wayne

Truett Hanes. Son of public figure, Cameron Hanes today set a world record in the number of PULL-UPS in a 24 hour period.

If you have been following his journey, from early training to his FIRST ATTEMPT at the record and failing, to what he had to change, has been fun to watch.

Diet, strategy, training regimen, mental preparation, all of it has been incredible! There are plenty of YOUTUBE videos that will chronicle this achievement.

Here are some of his feats.

He has performed 50 pull-ups and 100 pushups in just 5 minutes. In one video, he detailed his mental preparation for a 100-mile run. Before the challenge, he had zero training – except lifting seven days a week and walking his dog. While his dad wasn't convinced he could finish, he completed it in 32 hours and 8 minutes (22 minutes before the cut-off).

Other impressive feats include:

• 1,000 Pushups in 1 Hour
  • 1,000 Dips in 1 Hour
  • 1,000 Pull-ups in 2 Hours (in his first attempt, he managed 773 in just an hour)
  • 2,000 Dips in 2 Hours

The kid is a beast. What an incredible athlete!
All that to not say how many pull-ups he did to set the record.

Buzzard Breath

I consider 5 to be an accomplishment. It's hard to fathom someone doing 8,008+. Good luck to Hanes and I hope he did/does beat it.

PalsPal

Bet he has short arms 😀 !

Had a football teammate in elementary school that was a beast with bench presses.

It helped that he had a bulked up chest and short arms. I mean, he was only having to lower the bar, maybe 6 inches or so.

Seriously, it sounds like quite a feat.

Dean Parisian

Pamelot, TN Ghost Ranc MT San Jose del Cabo, MX
TRUETT HANES: 6 months since I tried to set the record most pull-ups in 24 hours and "failed miserably" as someone sweetly put it. Hurtful, yes. Truthful? Also, yes. Ever since that day back in April I became obsessed with becoming better and better at pull-ups. I knew I had to more in the tank if I just put in the necessary amount of work.

Fast forward to this past Saturday and even with the endless amount of reps, hours, blood, sweat, tears… I wanted to quit at around 6400. I was doing roughly 200 an hour and couldn't see how anything was going to change. I leaned over to my wife and said, "We need to face reality. This isn't going to happen today." My wife started crying because she knew what this meant to me and how much work we had both put in to get here. As I saw tears forming in her eyes I knew that I had to try to keep going. If for no other reason, for my wife. Stopping with 1500 left and being so close would've been heartbreaking for many reasons, but none more so than knowing I had more to give but let doubt and fear blind me from seeing it through.

So as I told myself that we weren't giving up and quitting wasn't an option, I asked for some shades, for my brother to turn up Suicideboys music as loud as possible, downed an exorbitant amount of caffeine and went to another world. A lot of people talk about out of body experiences, but this actually was one of those. I went from doing 3 every minute or so to doing 7 to 8 a minute for the next few hours.

As I approached the 8,000 mark I yelled out "They f***ed" up by only getting 8,008… too easyi!"

My final number was 8100 with 30 minutes to spare and of course I had to finish them out in jeans.

One thing I want to make clear, as much as I'd like to take all credit I simply cannot with a clear conscience. I would've had zero chance of accomplishing this if it weren't for my beautiful wife @aliciat_ , my dad, my brother, my moms prayers, my co-workers and everyone else who was there online & in person. You know who you are and thank you very much 🙏🏼

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
I had no idea these pull-up records were such a thing and still can't fathom doing so many.

I wonder what constitutes a full pull-up. Those he was doing at the end of the video would not have counted back in my day. He was not going up high enough; it looked like he was getting full extension at the bottom though.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I wonder what constitutes a full pull-up. Those he was doing at the end of the video would not have counted back in my day. He was not going up high enough; it looked like he was getting full extension at the bottom though.
I noticed the same thing.

Latest posts