College World Series

Gravey

I'm not one for blaming umpires/refs on losses too often...

But they botched the call in the 8th yesterday. I completely agree the call on the field was too close to call. They went to replay, and STILL called the runner safe even though replay clearly shows the bottom fingers of the glove laying on the runners hand before he touches base.

The runner scored 2 pitches later (making it 3-1), and the Rebs lose 3-2.

I'm not saying the Rebs would have won the game, but the officiating crew is pathetic for missing this one. Too much riding on this kind of game for that kind of crap. If I can get this shot in 20 seconds of rewinding, there's no excuse for the officiating crew to screw it up.

I'll also admit the Ole Miss bats were dead. Arkansas had some good pitching.
Inconclusive in my opinion. Had they called him out it wouldn't have been overturned either.

Displaced_Vol

Officiating across the board in all college sports is as bad as I've ever seen it. With more and more review options it's amazing how it's
trended in that direction but there you have it.

I'll try and tune into game 3 today but it'll be tough with that time. I don't know who I'm pulling for, just a good close game I guess.

TNReb

Inconclusive in my opinion. Had they called him out it wouldn't have been overturned either.
I don't see how anyone can say it's inconclusive.

The ball is in the glove.
The glove is on the runner's hand.
The runner is not touching the base.

That's conclusive.

Gravey

I don't see how anyone can say it's inconclusive.

The ball is in the glove.
The glove is on the runner's hand.
The runner is not touching the base.

That's conclusive.
The picture is grainy as all get out. It "looks" like the end of the glove is touching but a photo they showed on tv last night showed daylight. Like I said had they called him out they wouldn't have overturned it. Take those hotty totty glasses off and tune in later. 😝

TNReb

The picture is grainy as all get out. It "looks" like the end of the glove is touching but a photo they showed on tv last night showed daylight. Like I said had they called him out they wouldn't have overturned it. Take those hotty totty glasses off and tune in later. 😝
I like you dude, but you're crazy. 😁

That pic is grainy because I snapped it with my phone, taking a picture of my screen. He was out. 😡

Gravey

I like you dude, but you're crazy. 😁

That pic is grainy because I snapped it with my phone, taking a picture of my screen. He was out. 😡
🤣😂🤣😂 you know I'm just jerking your chain but Lane Kiffin is still is a prick! 🤣
100% he's out from what I see in the pic u posted
Don't be siding with him. He knows he was out. 😂

Congrats TNreb and the Ole Miss Rebels. Big win today and heading to the final series!

TNReb

Never really thought I'd ever see the Rebs playing for a national championship in baseball, football, or basketball.

Oklahoma is going to be tough. Hope our boys get the bats going.

Gravey

Never really thought I'd ever see the Rebs playing for a national championship in baseball, football, or basketball.

Oklahoma is going to be tough. Hope our boys get the bats going.
You going out there? A buddy of mine played football there and think he's going. Another buddy goes every year to the championship series and loves him some Lane Kiffin so he's extra pumped for Ole Miss to be there.

TNReb

You going out there? A buddy of mine played football there and think he's going. Another buddy goes every year to the championship series and loves him some Lane Kiffin so he's extra pumped for Ole Miss to be there.
It's a 12 hour drive and the cheapest flight is $600. So... nope. If it were football I wouldn't miss it. I don't think I ever have to worry about that. 😁

Gravey

It's a 12 hour drive and the cheapest flight is $600. So... nope. If it were football I wouldn't miss it. I don't think I ever have to worry about that. 😁
My buddy drives from Cookeville so he's got 45 minutes more to go than you. 🤷‍♂️ When UT won football the national championship in 98 I was 3 years out of college and still broke. Wanted to go and couldn't and at this point they may never go again in my lifetime.

TNReb

My buddy drives from Cookeville so he's got 45 minutes more to go than you. 🤷‍♂️ When UT won football the national championship in 98 I was 3 years out of college and still broke. Wanted to go and couldn't and at this point they may never go again in my lifetime.
I just ordered a new boat and my wife is trying to plan a vacation. She would choke me if I mentioned going. 😁

Latest posts