World Series

Displaced_Vol

Awful similar to game 2 in Hattiesburg for the Vols. Course we didn't blow up for 8 today but the 4 run hole again proved to not be insurmountable. It looks like Dollander had a rough day, but the fielding and play behind the plate could have been better for him. He wasn't sharp, but not awful either. We had plenty of chances early but squandered those and then just had to bide our time until we chased their starter in the 5th.
I don't know what would be the better outcome in tonight's game, I think I'd rather take my chances with LSU to win 1 (without Skeenes) than have to beat Wake twice but I don't feel real strong about that set up.

It sounds like I'm taking a shot at Florida and I am really not, but they ought to make the final with their side of the bracket laying out like it did. Again, it's never easy in Omaha but Wake & LSU are an awful tough row to hoe.

PalsPal

When Ahuna got thrown out at the plate, I did not feel confident.

I almost turned it off to do something else, but had it on in the background while listing ebay items. Huge comeback, especially on that stage.

Survive and advance. Anything can happen.

Gravey

It sounds like I'm taking a shot at Florida and I am really not, but they ought to make the final with their side of the bracket laying out like it did. Again, it's never easy in Omaha but Wake & LSU are an awful tough row to hoe.
I agree with Florida. They're playing good ball and definitely think our side with LSU and Wake is harder. That said it's Omaha and anything can happen.

OldFussNFeathers

Wake pitcher #28…what the heck is up with his windup? That's the weirdest thing I've ever seen.
1687223574774.gif

This is what I think about when observing his movements

PalsPal

No.
Not to say he won't throw if they get desperate but he can't start tomorrow.

Other forums are saying that it's unlikely he will pitch at all.

Apparently his "handlers" are concerned about overuse. There's talk that he could be in the majors by fall, and they sure don't want to jeopardize that. And I completely understand that line of thinking.

PalsPal

Wake pitcher #28…what the heck is up with his windup? That's the weirdest thing I've ever seen.

Did you see the pelvic thrust, preceded by a squat, that the (I think it was LSU) batter does when he steps in the batter's box?

THAT is the weirdest thing you'll ever see 😳 .

Last edited:

Spurhunter

Other forums are saying that it's unlikely he will pitch at all.

Apparently his "handlers" are concerned about overuse. There's talk that he could be in the majors by fall, and they sure don't want to jeopardize that. And I completely understand that line of thinking.
I thought about that. Could you imagine being the coach that puts him a game on very short rest and blows out his arm with all the money he has waiting on him?

PalsPal

I thought about that. Could you imagine being the coach that puts him a game on very short rest and blows out his arm with all the money he has waiting on him?

It's a tough spot for sure.

To make it worse, what if he wanted to pitch, but the coach and other "adults" realize that the risks are too high?

Then you have the fans thrown in.

Displaced_Vol

Definitely a tough decision I don't think he goes again until this weekend. I hitch is a moot point because they'll be back on the bayou by then…

A UT forum broke down the arms available for LSU. They think Riley Cooper will get the start. He threw a couple innings against us on Saturday and was pretty good. They've got some other arms too but it seems most of the kids are high potential guys that have struggled with consistency. They've not been tested much in the post season.
It's hard not to think UT doesn't have the pitching advantage, but and it's a big but, you can't sleep on that LSU lineup. They weren't 1/2 all year just because Skenes.
Been a hell of a CWS so far, hopefully tonight doesn't disappoint either. Don't know about the other side of the bracket but the umps have left a lot to be desired in the games I've seen. Everything else been pretty stellar for college baseball.

Spurhunter

the umps have left a lot to be desired in the games I've seen.
I've watched every game in the CWS. The umps behind the plate have been atrocious! It's like they got them from little league. Absolutely horrendous. The players have somehow kept their cool, but it would be tough. To strike out in the CWS on 3 pitches and not one of them was a strike is just unacceptable, and I've seen it happen.

Displaced_Vol

I've watched every game in the CWS. The umps behind the plate have been atrocious! It's like they got them from little league. Absolutely horrendous. The players have somehow kept their cool, but it would be tough. To strike out in the CWS on 3 pitches and not one of them was a strike is just unacceptable, and I've seen it happen.
And it's not been necessarily favored toward one team or the other, just generally bad

Hduke86

I'm am also surprised that the batters haven't blown up on some of these calls. I mean "close" calls I get one way or the other BUT the umps made me looks stupid cause I'll be watching the game with my sons and I'll call ball before the ump signals and it'll be strike. I mean high outside inside, down at the ankles, in your front pocket type locations.

Latest posts