Wolves & squirrels

KPH

I have squirrel hunting since I was 13 years old and if I had a dollar for every one I have killed I would have a bunch of dollars. Sat. I shot the first one I every have with wolves. I have heard people talk about them but this was my first. I was with a good friend that could say the same thing it was the first he had seen.

mike243

They say they are safe to eat but I cant bring my self to do it, I think of it as a mercy killing , big bug in them for the size they are, creepy watching the bug moving around in them when they are dead

Pioneer1789

They should be dropping out of the squirrels soon. Kinda surprised you found one in them this late in the year.

sun

I've never seen one even during our Sept. early season.
If I had I probably would have given up hunting squirrels a long time ago. :D
There's photos and a video just below the top of this page that shows how they emerge from under the skin of a dead squirrel.

huvrman

I was raised in MS where it stayed hot longer. Almost every rabbit we killed in Sept/Oct had wolves. Fewer squirrels, but still an occasional one. Creepy yet cool for a 16 year old all-american male during the late 70s/early 80s.

KPH

My granddaddy would never squirrel or rabbit hunt till after the first frost.

I know, useless information but I wanted to say it. :D
My dad would never let me hunt rabbits til after the first good frost,but squirrels where ok like I said this was the first one I have seen in a squirrel but have heard about them.

Pioneer1789

I saw where a woman went to the Caribbean somewhere on vacation and had a bot fly maggot burrow into her scalp. Nasty!

bowhunterfanatic

I got access to a new farm this year that's absolutely loaded with squirrels. I'd say 80% of the squirrels me and my buddies killed off of it this year had wolves. No clue why but they seemed to be 100x worse this year in my area vs the past 8-10 years.

Plateau Hunter

Have seen them all my life in squirrels especially in flat woods off the plateau…fewer on the higher elevations of the plateau…just skin squirrel and there will be a pocket of scar tissue under the skin but not into the meat…gross looking but squirrel is edible…

Sam Davis

We had a cat get one in its neck when I was a kid. My grandma told us to pour molasses in it. We did and it came out. Saved the cat. The cat never held its head straight again. Figured it affected its nerves.
As far as squirrels I have killed several through the years with wolves in them.

Latest posts