Fox Squirrels

Tenntrapper

You know who'd like to help balance the boat?
This guy.
I'm up in Claiborne County😳
We already got a boat full this trip...how about we get another trip setup? Oh, and plenty of fox squirrel on clinch mountain.... That is the hill between you and where we will be hunting... 😂 We will literally be at the base of clinch mountain.

Chiflyguy

Brevard, North Carolina

Attachments

• EE5AAF45-C1BE-42A4-A5F3-B1A218A0D7B6.jpeg
    EE5AAF45-C1BE-42A4-A5F3-B1A218A0D7B6.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 39

Trnr

For what it's worth I used to see them pretty regularly in Bledsoe State Forest by the prison. Been about 5 years since I hunted there but they were fairly common when I hunted there

UCStandSitter

What part of the state forest are they in? I've only seen one in the area. It was dead on the road just as you leave the state forest heading toward Hilham. I am trying to find a rifle in 17 mach II to hunt them with.
Hilham side is where I've always seen em. Well the pecan grove too but don't think you can hunt em there

rickyk280

This fox squirrel showed up about 3 months ago and took up residence behind my shop, I have a shooting table about 25yds from the tree he is sitting in, every time I go out to sight a rifle in he will get on the same limb and start a growling sound then start barking at me. Look up close at the pic he has two white dots right above his eye's, pretty fox squirrel. He can be thankful that I don't care about killing fox squirrels.

Attachments

• IMG_1044.JPG
    IMG_1044.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 67

Chiflyguy

We already got a boat full this trip...how about we get another trip setup? Oh, and plenty of fox squirrel on clinch mountain.... That is the hill between you and where we will be hunting... 😂 We will literally be at the base of clinch mountain.
Any plans for another trip?
I got Tennessee plates on my car now so I feel safe to park my car off the beaten path.😀

Tenntrapper

Any plans for another trip?
I got Tennessee plates on my car now so I feel safe to park my car off the beaten path.😀
No sir, nothing yet. That extreme cold cancelled the first trip. His schedule and my schedule haven't been very compatible. I'm still wanting to get after them though. Maybe we can put something together in the very near future.

Tenntrapper

This fox squirrel showed up about 3 months ago and took up residence behind my shop, I have a shooting table about 25yds from the tree he is sitting in, every time I go out to sight a rifle in he will get on the same limb and start a growling sound then start barking at me. Look up close at the pic he has two white dots right above his eye's, pretty fox squirrel. He can be thankful that I don't care about killing fox squirrels.
Check this one out. I watched him from 100+ out, come up a tree line and get on this old elevated stand. I was in a ground bind about 20 yards away. He was definitely checking me out. Confident little buggers. There have been times where I thought I was going to have to defend myself while in a tree stand... 😂
IMG_20221228_120147__01.jpg

tellico4x4

Have only seen one in 20 years on my place.

Where I use to hunt in IL was covered up with them, mostly on the ground. Would be a nervous wreck at the end of day bow hunting because of them sounding just like deer in leaves 🤣

Last edited:

Chiflyguy

Have only seen one in 20 years on my place.

Where I use thing in IL was covered up with them, mostly on the ground. Would be a nervous wreck at the end of day bow hunting because of them sounding just like deer in leaves 🤣
Seen a lot more fox than grays in Illinois.
Noisy!

Chiflyguy

No sir, nothing yet. That extreme cold cancelled the first trip. His schedule and my schedule haven't been very compatible. I'm still wanting to get after them though. Maybe we can put something together in the very near future.
Nice
Man, just drove back from Morristown.
Roads are gonna be bad soon.

Latest posts