Looking forward to August squirrels

Buzzard Breath

I am. We had a mast failure on a couple places I hunt, so I'm curious to see if the squirrels return to previous year's populations, or if it's going to take them a few years to get back to 2021 levels. I've got places I can go that still have a good amount of squirrels, but my preferred places were void last year after the hickories all dropped.

Iglow

Wen I was a kid there was a place by the railroad tracks that somehow got passed over by the loggers, it wasn't but maybe 20acres but it was giant hickory and acorn trees and some ash too. You could sneak in there around Labor Day on a quiet morning and it sounded like light rain there were so many squirrels in there cutting the hickory nuts.That place drew squirrels in from all up and down the river bottom.

squirrel_hunter

I live in Arkansas. Our season opens May 15th thru February 28th. Our limit is 12. I think that is the limit. I been reloading 410 3 inch 6's. And 28ga with #5's. I will start in September. I like chasing with a 410 and 28ga.

Last edited:

Buzzard Breath

I'm ready. The mailman just brought me this. I'm hoping that at the end of the season, I don't have random shells in cupholders, change cups, on top the dryer, in random pockets of packs, etc..

20230802_112354.jpg

20230802_112507.jpg

Latest posts