why the weak penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.

justonebuck

So a guy got busted recently for shooting a buck from pellissipi parkway. The twra officer happened to be watching the deer from a dif road. The man stops his vehicle get out and shoots the buck. This is this mans second offense in 3 months. In October he got caught illegally killing a bear.
His penalty was only losing his hunting lisence for 20 years. Do they really think this guy gives a crap about his lisence!!?? This is just the most recent of many stories I have heard ending in weak penalties...why??

scn

Where is the link to the story regarding his court sentence?

The story I read is that it happened in the last couple of days and he has not been to court on the charges. In addition to the wildlife charges, he has at least two felony charges pending.

TWRA doesn't handle the penalties and sentencing. That is up to the judge. In a lot of cases, courts in TN regard wildlife crime as victimless crimes and do not come close to utilizing the full range of penalties at their discretion.

scn

justonebuck said:
Lost it for 10 years...my mistake. Not 20..

If you are referring to the Chattanooga.com story that is linked in the TWRA General Forum, you may want to re-read a little closer. The 10 year figure was in reference to the bear charges in September. I don't think that case has been tried at this point as well.

The deer case was made yesterday afternoon. It has not gone to court at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts