Why unit L 3 antlerless a day?

Falconi

Not laughable, but to each his own

you also probably don't think that the coronavirus was not manufactured in a lab

You also probably do not believe that the US government purposely infected African-Americans in the 1950s with syphilis

Welcome to the real world buddy

Coyotes were introduced by car insurance companies

1671116982818.jpeg

agelessssone

The big cities are not the only populated areas that have stupid densities of deer standing around in anything resembling a field. Several towns in unit L I can think of are crazy fat on deer
In the suburb where I live, it's common to see 12-18 deer bedded down in a yard two hours after dark.
And this is in unit L.

agelessssone

I occasionally take 2 deer in a day, have never taken 3. But I usually only shoot the 3-5 a deer a season I want for our freezer and quit shooting anything unless it is a huge racked deer and I have an antlered tag left. On occasion I will tag another doe for a member of the family or a friend above what I need. I say that to say, regardless of the limit, having some trigger control is on the individual hunter.
Very well said.
I take 3 a year for my family and sometime an extra doe or two for a friend.
But the landowner INSISTS I take at least 2 does per season.
They play hell with her shrubs and garden

Henry

I took 2 a day twice this season and a total of 5. The first time I took 2, the second one came in while I was waiting a few minutes to go find the first one.
The second set of two was yesterday. There were three doe that came into sight. I took one and then one of them stopped to look back and somehow, for the first time, I had the presence of mind to get that casing ejected and cycle the next bullet in.

We have a ton of deer here, but 5 is enough for food for us and some for older neighbors and people at church. Three in one day would never happen because I tried to make it happen.

However, I do know a kid who had taken 20 on 800 acres (different locations) this season.

There are pictures on tndeer somewhere this season of a guy and his college aged daughter taking 3 doe each in the same day. They had too many on their property. Donated them. So, it "does" happen I guess.

tnanh

Raise your hand if you know someone that has truly affected the deer population by shooting multiple deer/day, multiple days in the season.....
Doesnt matter. Still gives guest and visitors from out of state and other parts of this state the attitude to "shoot all you want."

Carlos

I have a time or three, back when I didn't mind dragging several of them out of the woods, plus the other work that follows.

Since then my trigger finger has relaxed a whole bunch.
😃

Rockhound

I can take a leisurely drive around my farm in the afternoon and see upward of 100 does, so the population isn't lacking at all. No problem whatsoever to kill 3 a day here but dang it's a headache once the trigger stops pulling.

ImThere

I think the three a day takes its toll on public land. I see many landowners that go to kill does on public. Many people travel from on different parts of TN to kill them on public.

Latest posts