why nosler and which one?

MUP

Actually safer than that. I started at the lowest recommended powder load and went up 1 gr each string on my ladder to the top, watching for pressure signs along the way.
Then as I found a relatively close load I would back down .2 gr and up .2 gr to the previous and next full grain load(total 2 different loads before and after the whole grain load) . This worked great with the NAB's, but still haven't found a suitable load for the corlokts. I have only used the AA4350 so far, bc as I said earlier I like to consolidate powders as much as possible for as many calibers as I can. I also used the AA4350 in my 300WSM just yesterday, using the same 150 gr NAB's, and with 64 gr of powder struck upon a nice .655 grouping, again starting from the bottom of the recommended powder load for that caliber. Also got a decent .750 group with 66.0 gr as well. I am happy with the NAB's performance, both in my 06 and the 300WSM, I'd just like to be happy with the corlokt bullets as well, wo having to use another powder. Worst case scenario is that I just stick with the NAB's, which all in all, isn't really bad at all. :)

BobTail

Nothing wrong with Accubonds. Like anything else, they must be put in the proper location to get the job done. I've taken an antelope and a bear with 130 Accubonds out of a 6.5 Creedmoor and both died within 10 feet of where they were shot.

In the future, you might want to load in .3 grain increments instead of 1 grain steps. It's too easy to jump right over an accuracy node that way. I tend to do ladder tests with .3 separation between shots. That's the easiest way and takes far less bullets and powder. If you aren't familiar with that method you can read about it here:

http://www.gunsandtactics.com/performin ... adder-test

A 300 yard range isn't mandatory, but it helps. It can be done at 200 easily.

jlanecr500

I use the OCW method of load development at 200 yards. My Savage/Criterion 10 twist likes 165 Nosler Accubonds at 2950 fps with IMR4350 and Winchester large rifle primers. The load is over listed max but safe in my gun.

BobTail

Gvit":2xcp16q1 said:
Partition is the bullet to which all others are compared to. 160 - 165 grn for 30-06

Maybe ....... Depending on the application. There are better choices for long range hunting.

DaveB

Long range has a lot of different meanings. For my 300 WinMag that's about 350 yards no matter the bullet. It'll shoot further, but I can't.

Accubond, Partition, monolithic, you put them in the 10-ring and generally they will do their part.

Snowwolfe

I have shot well over 50 blacktail deer on Kodiak Island at distances up to 300 yards with Nosler Partitions. I don't remember any of them needing a second shot except for 2 that were not hit properly the first time. Never had a Partition fail me on any animal up to and including moose. I briefly tried Barnes bullets in various calibers but for my use never found them any better than Partitions and they cost at least twice as much as the seconds I buy so I gave up on them.

BobTail

Make no mistake ....... I'm a huge Partition fan and they are my first choice for hogs when we go to Texas. But there are better choices when you stretch the distances out. The Partition lacks the BC that Berger hunting bullets and Accubond Long Range have. Sure the Partition will kill at those distances, but the ballistics that it gives up make it a less than ideal choice. And obviously the caliber has a bearing on the bullet choice to some degree.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Not trying to bash the Partition by any means. Bullets are tools like other things we use and proper choices increase our odds.

Deer Assassin

i have killed 127 deer with a rifle 85% with nosler bullets of every weight type and caliber factory first and seconds

they all have a purpose

love the e tips lately

since you are asking about 30 cal specifically 06

id just load a 150 accubond or 150 e tip over a good dose of re19 set it forget it

reloading for killing deer is simple

pick a good bullet

work up to a good speed watching for pressure

use seating depth for accuracy
then kill deer

280longshot

Deer Assassin":1jwewg5a said:
i have killed 127 deer with a rifle 85% with nosler bullets of every weight type and caliber factory first and seconds

they all have a purpose

love the e tips lately

since you are asking about 30 cal specifically 06

id just load a 150 accubond or 150 e tip over a good dose of re19 set it forget it

reloading for killing deer is simple

pick a good bullet

work up to a good speed watching for pressure

use seating depth for accuracy
then kill deer
Like your philosophy, straight to the point

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk