Man, we lost another young man on old hickory.

redblood

Strange. I didn't read anywhere in that article how fast the boat was going. But TNDeer's crack investigators are on the case.

"Since I don't like to go fast in a boat, ALL boating accidents MUST be caused by speed!"
Id say getting thrown out of a boat when hitting a wake is pretty indicative of excessive speed. Wouldnt you?

Spurhunter

Id say getting thrown out of a boat when hitting a wake is pretty indicative of excessive speed. Wouldnt you?
What is "excessive" speed? Was he holding on, paying attention, etc.? You guys hate fast boats so you do mental gymnastics to make speed the culprit when we have no idea. When you're a hammer everything looks like a nail. When you're a hammer that hates fast boats every accident is a nail named speed.

JCDEERMAN

I've always been a great swimmer and swam competitively for about 7 years. Even up until a few years ago (I'm 40 now), I always wore a vest when the big motor was on, but still thought it was kinda stupid at times even just idling. I now have a different mindset the last few years. Can't do much swimming if you're unconscious 🤷‍♂️. Wear a vest!

redblood

What is "excessive" speed? Was he holding on, paying attention, etc.? You guys hate fast boats so you do mental gymnastics to make speed the culprit when we have no idea. When you're a hammer everything looks like a nail. When you're a hammer that hates fast boats every accident is a nail named speed.
What the heck are u talking about- hammer and nail lol. Id say excessive speed quantifies as if you hit a wake, you fly out of a boat to your death. I have no nothing against fast boats. I dislike people putting others at risk because their mind isnt as quick as their boat.

Spurhunter

What the heck are u talking about- hammer and nail lol. Id say excessive speed quantifies as if you hit a wake, you fly out of a boat to your death. I have no nothing against fast boats. I dislike people putting others at risk because their mind isnt as quick as their boat.
apparently you don't have a lot of boating experience. At 35mph you can hit a big wake at the wrong angle and have big problems. This guy lost his life because he wasn't wearing his life vest while using the gas engine. Period.

Latest posts