An interesting and tough challenge

hillbill

When Kyle and I traveled to Colorado to do some shooting and some speed goat hunting we didn't know if the mile thing was going to be attempted but it worked out, I have heard all kind of comments about this from good to ugly but honestly we didn't do this to try to have something to brag about, I just wanted to prove to myself it could be done.

Believe me, 1 mile + is a long way and a lot of home work goes into making it happen with a muzzle loader.
It takes a pretty good center fire to get it done with any kind of consistency.

I had a great time while we were there and we both killed some good goats.

If I live long enough I plan to do 2200 yds with a new gun and load.

DaveB

longest for me was 1,000 yards with an M14 in basic training. It was a man size target and any hit would knock it down, including a short one that kicked stones/dirt hard enough to register.

I hit first shot. Iron sights. Brand new military issue glasses were a super blessing. My DI gave me a few minutes to screw with the adjustments....The DI asked me while I was fiddling....Is that why you asked me about how the sights are adjusted? I had asked that question while doing PT for the millionth time. Then I studied what he told me and compared that to the next 14 I pulled from the Armory. I said yes sir Drill Sergeant I wanna kill that target.

Is about the only time in history that DI ever said good job to anybody when that target fell over. I think that is what got me to E2 upon graduation.

Latest posts