I invented a Time Machine and I’m headed back to 1963

swd

In the same vein, the price of a base Corvette has never changed. It is purposely priced at the annual salary of a mid-level manager. Think the manager of local steak house, or hardware store, grocery store.
Problem isn't the price for me. It is justifying insurance and maintenance. I have always wanted one. I just cannot bring myself to spend $4k+ on tires every year 😢

TboneD

there are a ton of Marlins out there.....not sure why the prices are so high for old beat up lever actions!
I suppose it's for a few reasons. First, I guess you've seen how much new ones are going for. Secondly, a good many of the tubular magazine cartridges are quite efficient at dropping whitetails, hogs and even black bear at distances most usually presented in the woods without destroying much meat. Third, in carbine lengths they're great brush guns. Fourth, southpaws can get the same quick follow up shot. Lastly, at least with a fairly compact scope, the balance is such that for quick offhand shots they can be shot with surprisingly good accuracy, at least in my experience. The only real thing I don't like about lever guns besides their costs nowadays is that I only have one.

348Winchester

The first duty revolver I bought was in 1978. It was a Smith & Wesson Model 19. Beautiful high gloss blue. We had to buy our own guns and leather back then. Police Officer price was $175.00 :)
I have a 19 in blue with a 4 inch barrel. I still prefer revolvers to autos.

In 1983 I worked my ass off all spring, summer, and fall to buy a Smith model 57 41 mag 8 3/8 inch nickel. I still have it along with many other Smiths in a variety of calibers/configurations. They are wonderful guns and works of art!

Specializedjon

I have a 19 in blue with a 4 inch barrel. I still prefer revolvers to autos.

In 1983 I worked my ass off all spring, summer, and fall to buy a Smith model 57 41 mag 8 3/8 inch nickel. I still have it along with many other Smiths in a variety of calibers/configurations. They are wonderful guns and works of art!
The .41 is still my favorite caliber. Unappreciated to say the least

Tweeter

IMG_0115.jpeg

We all know what id buy!

Latest posts