Whats best rifle for 7 year old

Carlos

.177 for squirrels at this age. Seriously, start out small and then move up.

Best of luck to you and your son!

mike243

I really cant believe anybody would recommend a 35 for a 7 year old, I have seen very few at that age that can handle much over a 20g shotgun, letem get the snot knocked out of them and they may end up gun shy, I prefer a 243 for the young kids but the 223 in a AR platform is a very soft shooter and kids can adjust the stock so they can hold it properly. 100y or less most will drop deer .I started my grandkids with the AR that I bought for that reason. Look up some recoil charts for reference , gun weight will dampen some of the recoil but how much weight can they manage?

bloodtrailing

mike243":zo8vn3ky said:
I really cant believe anybody would recommend a 35 for a 7 year old, I have seen very few at that age that can handle much over a 20g shotgun, letem get the snot knocked out of them and they may end up gun shy, I prefer a 243 for the young kids but the 223 in a AR platform is a very soft shooter and kids can adjust the stock so they can hold it properly. 100y or less most will drop deer .I started my grandkids with the AR that I bought for that reason. Look up some recoil charts for reference , gun weight will dampen some of the recoil but how much weight can they manage?

Good input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bloodtrailing

Carlos":seknr2dx said:
.177 for squirrels at this age. Seriously, start out small and then move up.

Best of luck to you and your son!

Better input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCDEERMAN

mike243":1fuaslms said:
I really cant believe anybody would recommend a 35 for a 7 year old
Our 35 is very old and is probably much heavier than the ones made these days. It has no recoil whatsoever with a 200g bullet. Much, much less than even my .270. But like I said, ammo is scarce for it and would recommend a 30-30 if going that route. A .243 or 7mm08 would be great

tnanh

When my son was seven I bought him an H&r youth 243. He was somewhat recoil conscious at the time. The stock seemed a little long so I called H&R and they sent an even shorter youth stock. He ahot that gun until he
With the
90 grain core lokts fot several years and shot several deer with it .no blood trailing everything dropped in sight. When he got about 11 he
Was ready for a bolt action and I got him a Savage in 243. He just turned 27 and has other guns but kills
Deer with the Savage to this day. Also
H&R/Nef has some of the best customer service available and with the different lop stocks he can shoot deer with it when he Is an old guy like Me.

Rakkin6

gobblesandgrunts":3vx99rwy said:
Going to take my son this year more often. Think he is getting to the age to gi more and enjoy it. Would a 243 be best for him or something else? Need something with little to no recoil really. Opinions?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
There is a Savage Axis .243 in the classifieds for $300.00. Has a custom stock on it. No scope

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk