Hunting with a 10 year old...

JJ3

Enjoy every one of those days. My daughter started hunting with me when she was 10. Now she's grown adult with her own place and we still hunt together, but only time we sit together is when it is raining and we sit in a tent. A lot of good memories made like when I had to wake her up to shoot her first buck on a Thanksgiving afternoon …..

Dumbluck

I took my nephew this morning and noticed he had basket ball shoes on and athletic socks when we got in the blind. 🤣 I asked him if he didn't have any hunting boots and he said no, so now I know what to get him for Christmas. Then after an hour or so he needed to pee, so I told him to go right outside the blind. I hear him start walking and heck the kid was gonna hike off into the woods somewhere and I had to stop him. We had a nice buck come out later and he started fiddling with shooting muffs and who knows what else. That buck was gone before he knew it and I told him they aren't here to hang out with us. Lol.

He's had some hard but valuable lessons learned this year that will make him mature into a better hunter. I've been a very proud of how long he likes to stay and he doesn't play on a phone or anything while we are there. This morning we hunted until almost noon.

Latest posts