This years top 10 counties

Headhunter

What is odd for me and several I know that hunt in Giles county, compared to "normal" years, the last 2 seasons have been terrilble.
We haven't heard much shooting at all and the number of deer we see has decreased by a huge amount.

Ridgeline300

What is odd for me and several I know that hunt in Giles county, compared to "normal" years, the last 2 seasons have been terrilble.
We haven't heard much shooting at all and the number of deer we see has decreased by a huge amount.
I agree, I find it odd that I hear less and less shooting yet the harvest numbers in my county stay close to the same.

Snake

Can't keep shooting all the does and expect it not to effect the deer density . Three does a day is just unheard of IMO . I know in my youth I blasted them but as I grew older and the people I knew wasn't taking as many deer as I was killing so I slowed way down especially on the does . I know alot don't kill that many does but you have that select few that want their kill numbers up there to beat their buddies kill numbers . It's good that we have the hunters for the hungry . I just can't buy we as hunters need to kill more does , I don't have all the facts but hearing fellow hunters responses I think we're reaching a place we don't want to go . Rant over .

Headhunter

Can't keep shooting all the does and expect it not to effect the deer density . Three does a day is just unheard of IMO . I know in my youth I blasted them but as I grew older and the people I knew wasn't taking as many deer as I was killing so I slowed way down especially on the does . I know alot don't kill that many does but you have that select few that want their kill numbers up there to beat their buddies kill numbers . It's good that we have the hunters for the hungry . I just can't buy we as hunters need to kill more does , I don't have all the facts but hearing fellow hunters responses I think we're reaching a place we don't want to go . Rant over .
This past season and the one before, we only killed a couple does on 500 or so acres. And several years ago we shot several, but we also were seeing several and still seeing a good quantity of deer even after shooting several does each season. did not see many does last year and and barely saw any this year.

Remington700

I've hunted Fayetteville and Hardeman my whole life. Hardeman has slowly left the top 10. I primarily hunt Fayette but the the number of shots have drastically gone down over the years. Use to sound like a war opening day. Now I hear a handful all season.

Snake

This past season and the one before, we only killed a couple does on 500 or so acres. And several years ago we shot several, but we also were seeing several and still seeing a good quantity of deer even after shooting several does each season. did not see many does last year and and barely saw any this year.
It's been several years since we lost our lease in Giles Co. but the last few years we seen more bucks than does . We didn't hardly kill any the last 10 or so years one every now and then but our neighbors must have been shooting a ton of does . When we first started hunting there in the early nineties there were plenty of does .

Headhunter

It's been several years since we lost our lease in Giles Co. but the last few years we seen more bucks than does . We didn't hardly kill any the last 10 or so years one every now and then but our neighbors must have been shooting a ton of does . When we first started hunting there in the early nineties there were plenty of does .
There were piles of does on the place we hunt just a few years ago. We killed several but no way did we kill enough to hurt the population.

This year around a large corn field we hunt, walked it and only saw a couple sets of deer tracks.

Latest posts