50 years ago today

dewclaw

On December 28, 1973 I killed my first deer, which was a good 7 point. After all these years deer hunting is still my only hobby.
That was probably a mighty fine deer for back then! I'm right there close with you. Killed my first in '78 I believe. Sure weren't many around back then, but just enough to get me hooked!
Congrats!

dhpro

On December 28, 1973 I killed my first deer, which was a good 7 point. After all these years deer hunting is still my only hobby.
I behind you just a tad . Dad took me in 1978 and killed my first. I sure miss the older days of hunting it has changed so much in our lives and Especially in last 25/30 years some good some bad.

mike243

I was 12 and burning the rabbits up with my 20g stevens and my beagle I got for my 12th birthday in nov, wasn't really enough deer around to hunt back then, got cked for slugs in a pouring rain in Dowle town, feet were frozen off lol, I didn't know what he was looking for and stepdad told me after we met back up. it was 4 more years before I picked up the deer habit lol.

Wrangler95

Im 69 years old an killed my first deer in 1966 or 67.A friend and me were hunting together and we both shot it,we were sure happy!There was several deer in our community then but hardly anyone hunted!

Latest posts