Hunting with a 10 year old...

Trapper

I miss every minute of it when my two sons was that young . We might get one hunt together a year now but it wont be with both of them together one will be a deer hunt and a duck hunt with the other.

It's been legal shooting light for 17 minutes and so far he hasn't stopped chattering. Notable topics include the great Chicago fire, deer would be cooler if they could move their antlers, and what would happen if we shot a tree. Good times.
Enjoy them. They go quickly, way too quickly.

Last edited:

peytoncreekhunter

20231118_061555.jpg
I'm sitting with my son and grandson.....same here, he asking this and that, commenting on the cows and birds..... I wouldn't be anywhere else right now...

Hardwoodmaterials

I have been taking my 9 year old that does the same thing. So far I have learned about a game called Roblox and what new Nintendo switch games are coming out. I was also asked how and why a chicken poops eggs and why are they called woodpeckers when birds don't have one! 🤔

Attachments

• thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 32

morgancountry

Same boat here with my 9 year old. We have seen some thought so that helps. He had the button buck in the scope. We practiced getting on it and holding steady and being able to find it in the scope lol. Tried to get him to shoot but he's waiting on a buck he says lol. Playing hunting simulator on the Nintendo switch now lol.

09FX4

It's been legal shooting light for 17 minutes and so far he hasn't stopped chattering. Notable topics include the great Chicago fire, deer would be cooler if they could move their antlers, and what would happen if we shot a tree. Good times.
Enjoy these times, some of my best memories are when my dad first introduced me to deer hunting in the mid/late 90's. I'm sitting in a stand about 75 yards from where I shot my first deer with him. I look forward to doing the same with my son in a few years.

Cattle Baron

I'm with my 16 year old now. He's completely capable of sitting in a stand on his own. However, I always ask him to sit with me. I wouldn't trade my time with him for anything. Our conversations now mainly consist of him working on vehicles and what parts he needs for his truck, this cam vs this one.
I just showed him this thread. We both had a good laugh. "Woodpecker" 🤣

Latest posts