Done for the year

JeepKuntry

Congrats. I have one trip next weekend to west Tn and that will probably wrap up my season. Will take a good one for me to pull the trigger since I have a button and 9pt.

themanpcl

Took advantage of the cool weather and had a morning sit in a stand I've hunted twice this year. At 605 had a doe, followed by a small 8 come by. At 7 had this guy cruise by from a completely different direction. Shoulder shot put him down and ended my season.
Congrats!

huvrman

Congrats. I have one trip next weekend to west Tn and that will probably wrap up my season. Will take a good one for me to pull the trigger since I have a button and 9pt.
Yes, I wasn't planning on taking a second buck until after Christmas and I'd had a chance to hunt my place in Mississippi. But I decided to take a friend here who had not hunted in years and when he did, went 6 years without getting one. He had given up on trying. So, I put him on a stand I'd hunted once, and myself on one I'd hunted twice, and by 7am God saw fit to present me with an abbreviated season. My buddy was such a good sport. Helped me get it out, hang, cut up, and put on ice, then stuck around until 4pm helping my wife and I process and freeze my other buck from last week. "Friends to the end."

Creek

Took advantage of the cool weather and had a morning sit in a stand I've hunted twice this year. At 605 had a doe, followed by a small 8 come by. At 7 had this guy cruise by from a completely different direction. Shoulder shot put him down and ended my season.
Great looking buck!
Sure would like to see a couple more angles of that rack if you have any.

huvrman

Great looking buck!
Sure would like to see a couple more angles of that rack if you have any.
Not very helpful. That's about it. At the taxidermist now. Will post pics in a year when I get it back. 😀

Attachments

• 20231127_070923.jpg
    20231127_070923.jpg
    453.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 20231127_081253.jpg
    20231127_081253.jpg
    638.2 KB · Views: 10

huvrman

Looking forward to it.
Looks really nice from what pictures you do have.
Thanks
I will say he is very tall and narrow like the buck in my profile pic. Very similar structure minus the drop tine. Same junk around the bases, shot both Deer from the same stand.

Latest posts