What are you going to do with mounts?

BSK

The few I have at home will go out to the family hunting cabin. That's where the majority are now.

Sad part is, what will become of the cabin and property? Once the last of my siblings pass away, the 90% of my nieces and nephews who don't hunt (but will now be part owners) will see the monetary value of the place and want it sold so they can get their piece of the money pie.

Specializedjon

I've started giving away the guns I want some to have now . I'm to refrain from buying any more but .... a deal is a deal 😂 The mounts I could care less what they do...... in glory who would have a care ?? Think though my children would split them up that is the mounts but the Eruos no clue . I have a huge supply in my out buildings of those that's not deserved the honor to be in the house but to be honest I don't have the room ☺
Snake...no one will cherish your guns more than me brother (or can I call you Dad?) 😂

I promise to keep them in the safe you leave me as well. They will be passed down from TNDeer member to TNDeer member for years after we're both gone.

That's my promise to you.

Snake

Snake...no one will cherish your guns more than me brother (or can I call you Dad?) 😂

I promise to keep them in the safe you leave me as well. They will be passed down from TNDeer member to TNDeer member for years after we're both gone.

That's my promise to you.
Oh well a promise ...... let me think on it ... kids said he77 no !! Sorry brother heck you probably got more than me anyway hit ole money bags Kimber up ☺

Hduke86

Bulldozed a $800,000 house ?? Idiots is what I'd call them... to their face need be !!
Idiots would be nice to call them. Heartless POS *^%*%^**>€ is what I would actually call them. It was a huge house probably minimum 6,500sq ft and sat on the brow lot of Lookout Mountain overlooking the Chattanooga and the river.

MUP

Oh well a promise ...... let me think on it ... kids said he77 no !! Sorry brother heck you probably got more than me anyway hit ole money bags Kimber up ☺
Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Ski

I always thought it would be cool to have mine on display at an outdoor store or a local natural history museum. A lot of work, time and memories in them to die when I die.

Those are the only ones I consider trophies. I've killed a share of good bucks but most were random rack bucks that just happened to walk by as I was deer hunting. I would have shot a big doe or any other decent buck but just by chance it happened to be a big one. When you hunt enough it happens. It's like winning a raffle or walking up on a twenty dollar bill on the sidewalk. I appreciate it. It makes me happy. But it's not a trophy, even if the horns would otherwise be considered trophy size.

To me a trophy has to commemorate an accomplishment at the end of a hard earned endeavor. I've only ever killed five bucks I consider trophies. They're the ones I got mounted. And I look at them every day & am taken back to the hunt as if it happened yesterday, reminding me of everything I put into killing them. The first took 2yrs to kill. A couple took 3yrs. Each one of the five has a unique story that only I know.

Because of that I could never expect anybody to appreciate my mounts the way I do. Nor could I ever appreciate anybody else's mounts the way they did. Sure I like big antlers as much as anybody. But I also like pretty women. I see them everywhere all the time. Doesn't mean they mean anything. But the few women I've known in my life and devoted some level of myself to, they mean something to me. Until I go full tilt Silence Of The Lambs I can't hardly hang them on my wall to stare at their racks for the rest of my life, but fortunately I can do that with deer lol

redblood

The few I have at home will go out to the family hunting cabin. That's where the majority are now.

Sad part is, what will become of the cabin and property? Once the last of my siblings pass away, the 90% of my nieces and nephews who don't hunt (but will now be part owners) will see the monetary value of the place and want it sold so they can get their piece of the money pie.
Thats the disease that claims the life of most farms nowadays.

Huntaholic

Ive quit mounting stuff. Ive been to way too many estate sales and saw peoples cherished collections go for pennies, IF it even gets any bids. I dont guess it matters what my wife does with that stuff when Im gone.
My Dad passed away a few years ago and his wicked wife at the time of his passing brought all of his deer heads to my house on a RAINY day and left them piled up in my boat!

Latest posts